Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cold-B-Hearts

the title explains it all.
what would you consider the most placid australian snake?

cant possibly say. each snake has its own personality but some species are more placid than others

I'd have to say the most placid snakes i've ever owned were native Chondros.

cant possibly say. each snake has its own personality but some species are more placid than others

i would have to agree...every snake i have observed has their own personality..but you do get some species that can be more aggressive/defensive than others and people tend to label them all as bitey snakes,but again,each snake has its own personality,making them placid or naturally aggressive..Tho i would have to say... out of all the Australian snakes i have come across..Olive pythons seem to turn out to be the most common placid snake kept..others could say different..

I also think it comes down to the individual eg. the reputation of jungle pythons preceeds them but my 12 month old jungle is incredibly placid and has been ever since I got her, despite the breeder not handling her at all.

Usually arent jungles more likely to bite then other pyhtons? I was going to get one (my first ever snake) but opted to get coastal carpet instead, as people told me that jungles are a bit more snappy then other pythons.
P.S.got coastal 5 months ago and shes very placid :)

i have a jungle about a year old abit snappy. im alloud to breed soon so im loooking for placid snake so its abit easier to work with

My yearling BHP is like a puppy dog. Hasn't shown any aggression what so ever and can pluck her out at any time of the day or night for a hold. I also put her in a snake bag when I'm cleaning her enclosure out and she is also still quite happy even when being removed from the bag etc.

Any snake can be placid
My jungles were like puppies
Everything depends on handling

I have a white cobra that is still a bit frisky but calming down very quickly
My most placid snakes are albino burmese
But they were bred to be placid
My most bitchy snake is a retic that simply will not respond to anything at this stage

bitchy.jpg

Last edited:
l to would have to agree--- all snakes have their own personality--- l myself have 4 Olive Pythons 2 captive breed 14 months old and 2 wild caught 2 years old, but l have only so far been bitten by one of my 2 captive breed Olives, and one of my wild caught Olives does not like being handle or touch at all, where my other wild caught Olive is so tame and placid and enjoys me rubbing my fingers on its body as l pat it--- this just goes to show they all have their own personality just like we all do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back