Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

melly88

Reaction score
my housemate came across a python tonight & my partner picked it up to move it off the road & make sure it was ok. while doing this we noticed that it was very calm & it made us wonder if anyone in the beenleigh area is missing a python????

melly wild pythons can be laid back and cruisy to ,just because it displayed this behavior doesnt mean its a lost pet ..

there are alot of pythons in the beenleigh/eagleby area..

most are pretty placid, i get called to a couple a week and although in good at what i do ive never been struck by any

chances are its a wild specimen, i have encountered wild snakes calmer then alot of captives

chances are its a wild specimen, i have encountered wild snakes calmer then alot of captives

Same applies here,MOST are really placid..from memory ive encountered 2-3 that were bitey..9 out 10 you can usually pick up without being struck..By the look of it Mel it may be a wild one,just release in the closest bush were it was found..

what pythons are found up that way?

99 out of 100 are coastal carpet pythons...

the other one is usually a lost pet..( i have been called to one water python and one olive)
suposedly there are some Maculosa but ive never come across one

my housemate came across a python tonight & my partner picked it up to move it off the road & make sure it was ok. while doing this we noticed that it was very calm & it made us wonder if anyone in the beenleigh area is missing a python????

could be a lost pet if it was a black headed, woma ect...

i take it though your just talking about a Carpet Python?

thanks najanja

i didnt think it would be anything but coastals but thought i would ask ive barely seen any snakes in the wild its a must do one day to go herping would be amazing to see them in there natural homes,

99 out of 100 are coastal carpet pythons...

the other one is usually a lost pet..( i have been called to one water python and one olive)
suposedly there are some Maculosa but ive never come across one

could be a lost pet if it was a black headed, woma ect...

i take it though your just talking about a Carpet Python?
A friend of my missus used to live at Eagleby and she told me she once had a Olive in her yard,(that was 3-4years ago)well the bloke who came out to rescue it..From rescueing and seeing pythons and elapids frequently on the Mid North Coast,to moving up here in QLD,ive ONLY seen one Keelback,what a disappointment,Gee i thought this place was slithering with reptiles...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back