new bells lace monitor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be so sure, there is a whole lot of crap out there.

It gets confusing as some forums say put them outside with no heat and they are fine then some say 120 degrees so I thought high 30s would be fine

nah actually..there are no proper care sheets for lacy's on the internet (well ANY i would follow)..you can obtain them from the breeder most times..or even better,get on the phone and have a long chat (find some one friendly..cos thats really hard to find in some reptile breeders) to some one who has had years of experiencing breeding and observing this magnificent lizards :) BOOOYAAH!!!

Also he can jump up to the light cage and hang from it where it's around 60ish he does it occasionally, I tried wood shavings from the pet shop but the smell was a bit overpowering I think so went to the AstroTurf, I have geckos so mist the enclosures slightly daily

Sorry, Richard (imported_varanus), I hadn't seen your post as you had posted while I was typing my post. I pretty much repeated what you'd said.

Benny, the reason outside with no heat is okay is the heat of the sun trumps any basking light humans can create. Get a temperature gun and measure the surface temperature of a rock on a sunny day and you'll see that it far exceeds high 30s. As for the substrate, you're making the same mistake a lot of people seem to make. They try one item, which doesn't work, and then throw out the entire concept. Wood shavings are not the only substrate out there and misting is a band-aid.

you finished that backround yet benny??? hows ya lil fella going?

Hey mate, nah sold him to a great chick that has 3 others, I did the acl in my knee so will be out for a month or 2 and won't be able to give him the time he deserves and need to pay for the op also, I made a castle n temple for the beardies instead,
Thanks

oh bugger i done me acl few years back prik of an injury ay any pics of ya castle and temple?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back