Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black.Rabbit

Reaction score
Yesterday I adopted my very first python :D I have named her Lailah

She is a Tanami Python, Bread by Buck (thanks again :)), hatched 5/12/10

Not sure of her size yet. I am yet to take her out of the enclosure for two reasons... A) I want to let her settle for a bit, B) She moves so fast and it makes me jump a little :?

She seems very curious, yesterday and last night she was exploring and often on top of her hide watching me, if either me or my son stand at the click clack she will come over to where we are and stare at us. I put a light pillow case over the enclosure after we got home to help settle her and when I walked past I saw her peaking out a gap of the pillow case.

Few pics...

P1010931.jpgP1010897.jpgP1010941.jpgP1010905.jpg

Quick question: How long does everyone leave their pythons to settle before handling them for the first time?

Last edited:
I am loving Woma's now after owning 2 stimsons's for a at least 8months or so now I am thinking my next snake mite be a Woma such great looking snakes. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Awww she is beautiful! woma's are such gorgeous snakes....

Generally a good idea to get them feeding, as that seems to be a pretty good idea of how comfortable they are in their new home. That's just me anyway, I always wait until they've had a couple of feeds before handling.

With any new snake i generally wait a week or so and offer a feed,once its eating a couple times in its new enviroment.Just remember snakes DONT like to be handled,but they will tolerate it..IMO ur first priority is getting her feeding on regurlar basis,but considering shes a Woma,you shouldnt have any hassles,they LOVE there food..Great little purchase..Top little Woma..Just remember now you have one,you WILL get another..

With any new snake i generally wait a week or so and offer a feed,once its eating a couple times in its new enviroment.Just remember snakes DONT like to be handled,but they will tolerate it..IMO ur first priority is getting her feeding on regurlar basis,but considering shes a Woma,you shouldnt have any hassles,they LOVE there food..Great little purchase..Top little Woma..Just remember now you have one,you WILL get another..
agreed , just as a reminder at food time - anything and everything is food to them .

She's gorgeous! So jealous, I can't wait to bring home my first snake! Keep us posted on her personality and little quirks!

The night I got her I have her a pinky mouse... She is on fuzzies and wasn't due for a feed but I wanted to make her feel a bit more comfortable, she gobbled it up within a minute or two :D I'll give her a fuzzy on Wednesday.

Oh and I have a Bredli coming.. she should arrive around the 1st of March :D I plan on getting a rough scaled python once my licence class goes up... I can't wait as I think they are the most gorgeous snakes. (I am hoping they will go down to class 1 soon, but I really don't know much about it so not holding my breath on that one)

If I wait a week or so before handling her, how do I clean her click clack?

very nice woma you got.
correct me if im wrong but id say jus leave cleaning her enclosure unless it really needs doing :)

Last edited:
very nice woma you got.
correct me if im wrong but id say jus leave cleaning her enclosure unless it really needs doing :)

What is considered really needing to be done? I can see she has peed on the warm side of her enclosure and her water was spilt on the other side too...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well she ended up pooping a hour ago so I am handling her right now so I could clean it... In fact I'm pretty sure she is asleep right now :p

She is so cute, I can't believe how much I love her.. it's like having another child!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back