jew on light gear

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
here you go mungus, one we caught last weekend, and my proud uncle with his first wahoo (and the second biggest for the comp at 14kg) which took him almost 1.5hours to reel in on the light tackle.

lots of fun with 8kg mono line, mono trace and 10kg reel (3kg drag). i now understand why they are classed as the fastest fish in the sea (apparently), they just run and run.

and they are 5 star eating too:D

Attachments

• DSC_1502.jpg
    DSC_1502.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC_1495.jpg
    DSC_1495.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Oh but its so much more fun being in 10 foot swell 150m off shore without a boat looking for jew :p

Spearo born and bred haha
yeah mate i have done a bit of spearing going to get back into it lol only 150m offshore? bit of a girl lol we went out to the fad once spearing dolphin fish nothing but blue water a little nervous to tell the truth

here you go mungus, one we caught last weekend, and my proud uncle with his first wahoo (and the second biggest for the comp at 14kg) which took him almost 1.5hours to reel in on the light tackle.

lots of fun with 8kg mono line, mono trace and 10kg reel (3kg drag). i now understand why they are classed as the fastest fish in the sea (apparently), they just run and run.

and they are 5 star eating too:D
good fish mate i heard of a few beakies raised i nearly came up for the comp well done on the hoo though

nice one smithers! we had a pro angler on as a deckhand last week, just moved back to aus from 2 years in fiji, aparently wahoo over there are considered small if they are under 35kg. got to get myself over there.

ben, there seems to plenty around at the moment once you get into blue water. the old man had a hard day at the office and landed a 18kg wahoo and 95kg blue today, the bastard!

the light tackle masters was a pretty good long weekend (with all proceeds going to the flood victims also), although there were no shortages of battling 5m swells with hangovers! and watching a brand new 42 foot riviera breach during sea trials and do a 180 on his way out in the seaway was entertaining lol.

hopefully i'll catch you on the weekend at the bbq, maybe we can organise a day out with yourself and mick one day soon.

nice one smithers! we had a pro angler on as a deckhand last week, just moved back to aus from 2 years in fiji, aparently wahoo over there are considered small if they are under 35kg. got to get myself over there.

ben, there seems to plenty around at the moment once you get into blue water. the old man had a hard day at the office and landed a 18kg wahoo and 95kg blue today, the bastard!

the light tackle masters was a pretty good long weekend (with all proceeds going to the flood victims also), although there were no shortages of battling 5m swells with hangovers! and watching a brand new 42 foot riviera breach during sea trials and do a 180 on his way out in the seaway was entertaining lol.

hopefully i'll catch you on the weekend at the bbq, maybe we can organise a day out with yourself and mick one day soon.
sounds good mate im hoping to land a black on my stella 4000 this year

Yer Ozzie we had several hookups but the buggers supplied old rusty hooks and crap lures so lost a few,...bonus was it cost about 70 bucks AUD for all day,they did say it was a smallish one when we dragged it on board, I think some of the other stricks and runs were a good size....had a blast.

no offence smithers, but rather be in Ozzie's boat chasing fish.....................lol

sounds good mate im hoping to land a black on my stella 4000 this year

Hope you do !!
love to see the photo's when it happens..................good luck.

Nice work mate! Me and a mate regulary go down to Yorke peninsula in SA for some good fishing. during 2010 we managed heaps of 60cm salmon, 80cm with 8cm diametre snook, a 86cm snapper, 4 foot port jacksons and a 5 foot bronzie all on 7kg mono!

Tell ya what the snapper was a fair effort off the rocks!

None taken Mungus,..I was a bit taken back when I saw it lol.....*** a banana boat... :) added a bit extra to the day I must say. ;)

I can say though it was far more fun than doing the deep sea hire thang with crossed lines and catchin sargent bakers or sweep.

what's that saying a bad days fishin is better than a good days work,........ :)

33kgjew.jpg

Evans is a mongrel of a place, I couldnt see any possible reason why anyone would want to fish it. There hasnt been a fish caught there in years. To keep the thread alive, heres a 33kg model that was taken 1000's of km's from that hell hole known as Evans Head.

looks like the photo and remarks did'nt keep the thread alive..............
Actually killed it.

Ahhh the gentle babble of the river Kennet, on a beautiful late Summers evening, and the added bonus of a 11 lb Barbel on 2 lb line, amidst a 50 lb bag of Roach....that hour long struggle in the streamer weed, seems a lifetime ago...:)

View attachment 183294

Evans is a mongrel of a place, I couldnt see any possible reason why anyone would want to fish it. There hasnt been a fish caught there in years. To keep the thread alive, heres a 33kg model that was taken 1000's of km's from that hell hole known as Evans Head.
lol kenno you couldnt be anymore wrong. have seen plenty of top fish come from there in the last few months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back