So, Whats your Claim to Fame?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw alfie langer in a chinese food shop, made me wish i was lame enough to think famous people were interesting.

An ancient family member in the 1600's was known in England as "The Hanging Judge" or Bloody Judge Jeffries. (Google it, it's a long story). My Dad saw Lawrence of Arabia in London in a hospital, and was at school in class with Reg Varney, the comedian from the series 'On The Buses'. I met Pat Phoenix and got an autograph (Elsie Tanner from Coronation Street) years ago. My brother has transported many well known sports identities in his coach, including the English Cricket Team! In fact, I once held the poms up outside the Adelaide Oval one day in their coach, I was parked where they wanted to go!!!! Met Cliff Richard in London, he was a friend of a cousin of mine.
In his coaching transfers from the airport, my brother has picked up Pink and her entourage.
Met Bob Hawke and Gough Whitlam in the past, and are friends with a few politicians (nothing to be proud of!! LOL) Two of my kids are godchildren to two of them.
Oh, and I nearly forgot, according to an over zealous uncle, we are SUPPOSED to be related to Gerri Halliwell. Her grandad was my grandads brother!

Last edited:
just found out that my family on my mums mothers side is somehow related to wilhelm kietel (hitlers right hand man) long story short my mums mum's last name was kittle and her dad was german. over in germany kittel is actually kietel (pronounced kytel) so when they came to australia (my nana joans dad's family) they changed it to kittel so it sounded more australian. they then moved to a small country town called iron knob on the eyre peninsula and it became known as kittel country by the locals. Welcome to Whyalla - Iron Knob

One of my friends is married to Jen Hawkins brother, annoyingly Jen is as nice as she seems! :) (the whole family are lovely)
Have met and worked for numerous gold medal equestrian riders

Thanks about it, pretty sad here...

Cheers

hahaha she is actually really lovely i kind of traumatised her on pitt street one time she looks identical to my friend who i was out with that day and i ran up behind her and grabbed her shoulders lol she turned around and i near ****** myself when i saw it wasnt my friend but then burst out laughing when i realised it was jen hawkins lol she took it really well.

really offended adam lambert on a night out last year, dont think he likes me very much lol

lived on the same street as michael clarke and lara bingle

have met heaps of australian soap celebritys

told tony abbott to put his ears back under his helmet because they where offending me 2 weeks ago in nth sydney.

also met a few celebrities whilst spending time in LA probably the highest profile of those would be kira knightly

nathancl said:
really offended adam lambert on a night out last year, dont think he likes me very much lol
OMG why!!! lol, where as me and a friend did the polar opposite and went to last years Mardi gras then went and partied at stonewall with a few of the dragqueens who we're mates with. they introduced us (not that we needed it...being huge fans of adam lambert hence the username) to him and vola vip partying with the sexiest gay guy in my age bracket...
images

I used to share a house with the drummer from the Village People,
also the drummer from Yothu Yindi
Also met Jarvis Cocker from the pommie band Pulp
cos I shared a house with his dad.

OMG why!!! lol, where as me and a friend did the polar opposite and went to last years Mardi gras then went and partied at stonewall with a few of the dragqueens who we're mates with. they introduced us (not that we needed it...being huge fans of adam lambert hence the username) to him and vola vip partying with the sexiest gay guy in my age bracket...
images

lol yer thats the same night i met him only it was sortof the next day at phoenix rising so i was well intoxicated and i have an issue with people wearing thongs in clubs, i think its dirty and it really bothers me and for some reason i felt it necessary to announce to him how dirty i thought he was for doing it expecially in phoenix!. do like all of his music though lol just caught me at a bad time i guess.

im related to les darcy one of the greatest boxers ever and australias best boxer and i never new that i was related but i started box when i was 14 and and so did les and i was also born 100 years after him with only 1 month between birth dates

I've met Fat Cat, Humphrey B bear, Bruce Samazan(E Street), Angry Anderson, Matthew Liptak (Crows), Norman Yemm, I was related to Mel Gibson very distant cousin before he broke up with his wife, and apparently I am related to Mark Tyler who used to play for the Port Adelaide magpies.

My husband has met Winkie Dink, Robin and Joey from a channel nine kids program in the 80's, he had his nose posished by Humphrey B bear, Matthew Liptak (crows), and a few famous people he can't mention due to the nature of his work.

Off the top of my head;
A friend's god-father is a band member of ACDC (can't remember which one).
Trent Hodkinson, Manly Sea Eagles' halfback, is dating a friend of mine. I have a photo of him dressed as a ninja Turtle and me as Lara Croft.
I know Anthony Painter, a pro golfer.
I know the owner of The Tivoli in Brisbane. He also owns a Golf Course my brother is the head pro at.
I've known Phil Graham, of the Sydney Roosters, since kindergarten.
A best friend is related to Matt Rogers, GC Titans.
Good friends with Keys Wheel, ex V8 Supercar team owner until he recently sold it. He is good friends with Mark Webber.

It's funny how many people you know when you stop and think about it.

Cheers,
Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back