Fish for blue tongues

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure their diet is more likely to include invertebrates than either mammals, fish or birds but they are more likely to come across a suitable mammal prey than a piscine one in their natural habitat. I'm yet to see a goldfish wandering around a paddock. :p

I agree, they are more likely to come across something dead in the bush than to go fishing. :):):):)

Touche there Nagraj,
nice to see these forums still allow a sense of humour and that didn't turn into WW3 lol. I feed mine a staple of tinned cat food with soft fruit, insects and vetafarm pellets to supplement. Non of mine have had any dietary problems for the past 14 or so years. Strangley enough, if you check out some UK caresheets/forums they mention feeding pink-tongued skinks marine molluscs, anyone tried that over here?

While the frequency of goldfish wandering around a paddock is properly statistically insignificant (more research needed), I'm sure if a bluey came across a drying puddle with some easy to catch stranded fish within, it would not be adverse to a piscean banquet.

I don't think we need to bring astrology into it as well.

I have feed them both fresh caught fish and canned cat food that had both fish and prawns in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back