Gravid Carpet?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrhoyo

Not so new Member
Reaction score
These are a few pictures of one of my female carpets, she was in with a male for 2-3 months before Christmas so she should be due to have her pre lay shed soon.
I apologise for the terrible photos, they're just off my phone.

56af52d9-98bd-19d5.jpg

56af52d9-98d7-2f94.jpg

56af52d9-9902-0df8.jpg

I can't decide whether she's gravid or not, I don't have access to an ultrasound and she doesn't look round like I'd expect.
Any thoughts?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Hard to tell from photo's..maybe just wait for a pre lay and go from there..

That's what I thought. The male shed a couple of weeks ago, had me worried that the sexes were the wrong way round but he's way too slim to have any eggs in him.
I'll get her a couple of feeds, hopefully that will speed things up.

She is. I've no idea if she'll lay or not, I didn't cool them and I'm not depending on them breeding so I won't be bothered either way.

Maybe she is just fat due to lack of exercise being stuck in a tiny plastic box?

Did you see any mating or ovulation? Looking at the pics I would say she is not gravid.

The pair were coiled up together and they appeared to be locked but I saw no definite mating.
Like I said, I'm not particularly bothered either way I just thought I'd give it a go while they were both up to size.

The snake isn't fat, the swelling is just around the last third of her body.
She's in a plastic box because she wouldn't feed in the 4x2x2 she was originally in.
The previous owner wasn't the best, she wasn't a strong feeder and would only eat mice. Now she's banging adult rats.

Well today she looks like she's going into shed, they were put together for the first time in October so I think it could be a good sign.

I suppose we'll find out in a month or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back