wild carpet in chicken coop.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deebo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Got sent this pic this morning from a mate of mine out samford way.

Dont know if it would have been big enough to polish off a full grown chicken.

He is not to keen on snakes but it would have been relocated into the bush around him before his girlfriend saw it I imagine! :lol:

Cheers,
Dave

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 1,173
ha ha ...they get themselves into so much trouble at times ..I have one in my care at the moment ,it had been in a garden for a few days ,its polished off a possum,it has the biggest gut on it, but what concerns me is the gash that the possum ripped underneath the chin of the carpet ..so am trying to actually treat it today and hope it makes it ..poor thing ...the owner of the place was worried due to the size of its gut that it would end up dying not being able to move ...so callout yesterday to rescue it and found the gash ..

I rescued a carpet a few years ago now that had got itself stuck in the corrugated iron in a shed. It ripped itself to peices the poor thing. Snakes really aren't the most intelligent animals.

had to be cut free from the wire which he did and apparently was all fine. I wont post the video of him trying to lift it out with a broom while its trying to hide in the chickens nesting box! very amusing! but better than a shovel I guess.

Attachments

• photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 435
yeah ive seen some snakes make a mess of themselves, just because they can fit there head into something doesnt mean the rest of them will fit and if it does what happens when they cant turn around...obviously some things arnt well thought through.

We had a little carpet python in our chicken coop Friday night. Too small to have a go at the chickens, but looked like he'd just eaten a rat :)

Thanks for sharing David, but it would be good to see the video.

Thats excellent, thanks for that NT, I got a good laugh out of that one:lol:

I think alot more people than I thought are on pythons side, Lesser people would have clubbed the python to death for eating thier chook...... or in your friends case hurt the snake getting it out of the mesh. :rolleyes:

It is very 'heartening' to know there are good people like David Evans' friend at samford and these people with the 'ex' prize chook up there :) I was thinking most people would have just clobbered any snake..... I am so glad was wrong ;)

I agree with Tigerbudgie, the snake would have been more interested in the eggs, or maybe rodents in the coop.... looking at the size of the snake, I doubt if he would have bothered with a full grown chook :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back