shinglebacks humidity %

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikep

Reaction score
hi so after my first 2 shingle backs which ended in disaster. one dying hours after buying it then driving 2 hours to drop of both ( live one and dead one(. i have 2 healthy shingleback s at the moment.

but i am struggling with the humidity. temps range between cool( 23-29) in the day the surrounding temp of sydney is just to hot and hot end 34-39. but the humidity is around 38-55 % is that alright or not???? any advise would be helpfull
thanks
ps i know there has been heaps of post on this but nothing can compare to individual advice

Hi i keep my humidty down about 20% temp in hot area around 45 to 50 cool end at 20 to 30 on advice from the vet after probs with my shingle an she seems very happy and active but i keep a very small bowl of water in the cool end for her

Even though the lower the humidity the better I keep them in brissy where the humidity is quite high with no problems at all. I offer them water everyday but never leave the bowl with them. I keep mine at 40 one end and 28 the other end.they have bred before so they obviously take no ill effects from it. Do u know what your last 1 died from ?

yeh respitory infection.when i got her she felt like a balloon full of water. she lasted a day. but not once did she ever poke her tongue out. i got my money back breeder said she was sick ( very suss)

so today when feeding my shinglebacks. nearly everything was normal. they were eating like piglets but i noticed that the bigger one had a buble in one of it's eyes????

everything else was normal not head lifting no sneeze no mucus around mouth. activity very simliar either sleeping in hot spot or slowly roaming around....

should i take them to the vet ???????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back