is anyone else getting animals from urs today?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nagini-baby

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
i just think its interesting that they put the animals on a late flight so you cant pick them up untol 10:30 tonight.... which sux as i have no car and the air train stops at 7 30.... yay taxis! does anyone else find that strange?

Depends on many reasons - maybe that's the only time they can get to the airport? Cooler time of day might be better for transporting them? Did you ask for a different flight?

Maybe that's the only flight they are able to send them on? They also may not realise Brisbane kinda shuts down so early. I am up here for work and got in at 830 on Sunday night from Sydney only to find the trains had stopped forcing me to get a taxi from Central station to Ipswich

when i rang yesterday the woman on the phone said they should be here around 5 30 but when i rang to get the flight numbers ect the woman was like o no no the other lady was wrong. its just a pain because when i send animals i no in advance what time of the flight im putting them on so its really not that hard for them to book ahead. the woman said i could pick them up in the morning but i am NOT leaving my animals there overnight if i dont have to.

A mate of mine used AAE and the container wasn't secure enough the herps got out. :) but they were able to find it and no one was hurt :( lame. Still good I guess I was never told what it was that got out.

you will find they are shipping the animals after business hours as the time it takes to drive from URS to Adelaide airport and back as well as the time taken getting everything packed would take at least 90 minutes out of their work day. So to maximize business efficiency shipping is performed after hours.

Same thing happens when we get crocs shipped.

This is my understanding of the reason, I do not speak for URS, and this may not be the reason they choose to ship when they do.

I'm fairly sure that there a laws in SA prohibiting the transport of live animals when the temperature exceeds 35.
Can someone confirm?

yep it is, i done work experience their, they send all the orders out at once, orders are still orded on the day so they send them all out at once (being the end of the day)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back