Sneaky sneaky snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redlittlejim

Reaction score
Just thought i would share my story cause i know how some people like to get on here and have a good read and post there own comments.

So a couple weeks ago my snake Maitai had to go into a tempory tank as i have been building the new enclosure. It is an old fish tank and i just put pet mesh over top with some weights (the top was snake proof for escape) Yet when it was 4:40am and my wife is going to work, she comes in and wakes me up to announce that the snake is gone! Much to my dismay i crawled outta bed and discovered it was true! My wife refused to come home until she was found and so i looked about 6 hours! every room. with out any luck! and i assumed the worse!
2 Days later and after assuring my wife (who was scaared crapless of snakes) that Maitai had gone, she spotted something crawling outta the top of our fan!!!! I have no idea how she got up there as she is only roughly 1metre in length but i do know how she escaped! turns out she is one strong cookie cause she broke a sump inside the tank!
So feel free to post the strange places you have found your snake (or a wild one) :) unless you have never had one go missing in which case ... GReat

Well my Murray Darling managed to force apart its cage once by litterally pushing so hard on one panel it forced the nails out, and squeezed through the gap not an easy feat. she was gone for 2 or so days and because i kept her in the garage/mans land she could have easily got outside only way i found her was it had been raining heavy and she must have come back inside to get out of the rain was so happy to see her hanging off the rafters. needless to say screws, nails now hold the panels together

This girl busted some doors off her enclosure.....was climbing off the fan and onto the curtain rail when I found her after she spent the night knocking stuff over :lol::rolleyes:. That's about 8-9ft of snake having the time of it's life.
funforall.jpg

see this is why I like the sistema and star made tubs ..good lockable non excape proof (unless human error of not locking the locks down) enclosures ...BORING yes but snake proof if used correctly YES ...glad ya found ya snake

Lol, you try putting 9 ft of snake in a tub for anything more than temp housing. Doors were locked....it was the timberwork that didn't hold up...

I cant see why sistema/starmaid dont make HUGE tubs there is a market out there ;)

LOL, someone should make click clacks for herpers.... including a 2meter wide, 3meter long, 1 meter high tub for those with olives and scrubs

There probably are people who make tubs that big overseas. Or in factories for tools/whatever.

I haven't had a snake go missing but i have had a blue tongue go missing once.
It was my fault though i left the sliding door open just a crack to let air in. My bluey slided the glass open stayed under the couch the whole night. The next day i made a fruit salad for myself then went to lay down on the floor to play the PS3. I went to pick up a banana slice and i felt something cold. It was my blue tongue taking a strawberry.

Story 1/ I was working on my computer when one of my snakes slid over the monitor. Didn't know it had escaped.

Story 2/ We went away for a few days and came back noticing things had been knocked over. It took a while until I noticed a snake was missing. I traced the knocked over stuff to the third story bathroom which had the only open window in the house. I'm fairly certain that the escapee had looked out and decided not to leave but at the time I was certain that Elvis* had left the building and told my wife so. She had been working herself up into a tizz (despite my attempts she is still ophidiophobic) but I assured her that the snake had gone. Two minutes later she came screaming out of the laundry ( running fast too ) and I found the snake on the window sill. If you look closely at the photo you can see a gap in the wall, that leads to under the house where there be rats. He was sitting there waiting for a meal to come along

*Not his real name.

Attachments

• DSC_5027.JPG
    DSC_5027.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 108
I have had my pet galah escape and chew my laptop cables, i-pod cable and some cigarettes (didn't ingest anything thank god). An escaped snake would be no issue in comparison!

Dont have any snakes but one time i bought a pair of perons tree frogs. Because i had no where to put them, i had spare aquarium tank. The next morning i found that the smallest one was gone, and i found the culprit, i small hole obviously used for cables and cords at the back of the tank. I looked for an hour, when i though hmmmm lets open this up. I opened the hatch at the top/lid of the tank used for a filter or storage and there he was! I was so lucky!

I have not had either of my snakes escape at this time. However, I can tell you, from experience this afternoon, that unentangling an uncooperative spotted from amongst the labyrinth of computer cables under the desk can be entertaining.

I came home one sunday night to find that my old stimmy wasn't in her click clack. I had been away from home for days so I have no idea how long she was out. Like everyone else I turned the room upside down with no luck. Just as I gave up and called it a night I headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth as soon as I flicked the light on and walked in I saw her head quickly retract into the bath tub drain. Quickly thawed a mouse and lured her out to reclaim her

i went into my herp room and one of my yearling inland carperts was gone i looked everywhere and checked the cage and the door were locked and none of the vents were broken i looked everywhere just as i was about to give up i looked up and there she was on the top of the window fram. the thing that got me was the was nothing around for her to clinmb ( i have big 6 ft windows) she must of scaled the wall lol i was amazed at how she got up there lol cheeky bugger :)

i came home one sunday night to find that my old stimmy wasn't in her click clack. I had been away from home for days so i have no idea how long she was out. Like everyone else i turned the room upside down with no luck. Just as i gave up and called it a night i headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth as soon as i flicked the light on and walked in i saw her head quickly retract into the bath tub drain. Quickly thawed a mouse and lured her out to reclaim her

lucky!

I came home one sunday night to find that my old stimmy wasn't in her click clack. I had been away from home for days so I have no idea how long she was out. Like everyone else I turned the room upside down with no luck. Just as I gave up and called it a night I headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth as soon as I flicked the light on and walked in I saw her head quickly retract into the bath tub drain. Quickly thawed a mouse and lured her out to reclaim her

Really Lucky!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back