Anamalopus verreauxii

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Found this guy a bit over a week ago whist doing some major weeding. Decent sized specimen and one of my fave local skinks. Hopefully get some this season or next and should be breeding them within the next 2yrs

Attachments

• DSCF1985.jpg
    DSCF1985.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 88
  • DSCF1986.jpg
    DSCF1986.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 93
  • DSCF1988.jpg
    DSCF1988.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 103
  • DSCF1989.jpg
    DSCF1989.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 101
  • DSCF1990.jpg
    DSCF1990.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 86
hahaha cute i remember finding one ages ago at my parents place and went to show my mum and she freaked thinking it was a snake n i was like come on mum its got legs :p awesome looking skink

haha nice find i love how they squirm through your fingers

They are great skinks. I have been keeping them for a while now. If you plan on breeding them, you'll want to purchase sub-adults or adults if you want eggs within 2 years. They get to size from hatchlings within 2 years but the females don't seem to mature for 3/4 years ( or maybe that's just my specimens)

I have caught heaps of those, they are awsome :)

They are great skinks. I have been keeping them for a while now. If you plan on breeding them, you'll want to purchase sub-adults or adults if you want eggs within 2 years. They get to size from hatchlings within 2 years but the females don't seem to mature for 3/4 years ( or maybe that's just my specimens)

Thanks for that mate, i am hoping to get large juvies/small adults :). I'm in contact with 2 (possibly 3) breeders currnelty so fingers crossed

What do they eat and how often?

We have one currently in our care, it had a run in with the lawn mower this afternoon :( I think it will be fine because the cut is near the very end of it's tail on what looks like a new section of re-grown tail. We have 2 snakes, a turtle, a bird and a fish right now but have had lots of different pets in the past, most with not so simple care needs. So I'm sure we will be able to look after it. Just need some info. Thanks :)

Oh, it's currently in a ventilated plastic 'pet' box with some fresh grass clippings. Is that ok? I figured it came from that grass so that should be suitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back