Bring it Yassi

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres a pic of a bit of my herp room, well some of the enclosures that could fit on the floor

Attachments

• DSC_0037.jpg
    DSC_0037.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 208
I hope you have a thick concrete bunker up there Scorps and are serious about staying safe. I don't think anyone realizes what they're going to be in for yet. This thing is ridiculously huge!

im in townsville and im lookin forward to the experince but am still stayin safe ....it aint so bad here bit of wind and rain here and there.

It wont be bad yet womapythons, its heading further south and is going to hit closer to townsville now, still close to cairns though, Our house is built out of concrete filled ceder blocks so we should be alright, Its going to smash innisfail the worse which is uinfortuanant as thats where larry hit,

Where all bunkered up having a few rums waiting for it :)

poor innersfail........the bottem part of our house is soild brick might just bunker down there with some beers and table tennis haha

LOL .... just goes to show the birds are far more sensible than we humans when it comes to things like this!!!!!! ;)

But seriously, I send best wishes to all up there, for the hope that everyone comes through it safely. My son's g/f is in Townsville and she and her family left the evacuation safety points they were told to go to for those in flood-threatened areas, so they're in a house thats upstairs with the cars downstairs, bunkered with six of them, four dogs, four cats and seven puppies!!!!
it's too late for them to get out, and they didn't have the transport for all of them anyway, it is a five person car.

So to everyone in any semblance of a path of that cyclone, stay safe, and come through this unharmed.

http://www.weatherchannel.com.au/ma...ws/Cyclone-to-bring--24-hours-of-terror-.aspx read whats below the map

Last edited:
Dw if your reptiles get too distressed drop them off at my house as i live cairns 2 :D (Mt. sheridan)! Good luck staying safe!

It has been dead calm for the last 1/2 hour or so, a flock of metalic starlings in the tree, all as if nothing was happening. But it's coming!

cheers
Michael

yeah i do - i have been in two massive cyclones before and thousands of smaller alerts.
Cyclone Monica - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please Do not be a clown and stay around and be a pain as when you need rescuing it stops emergency services officers from saving people who weren't being on lookers and really needed help.. as they have to help the clowns that where thinking it it was *cool* to look at the storm

Last edited:
This is Russell my bodyguard. He usually stands proud by I gave him bit of a support around his neck and ankles, it's going to be a tough night. LOL
The greens are ready to ride it out, holding onto their perches tight. I usually take better pictures but it's a bit windy now.

Good to see Russell has a birds eye view. Are the greens waiting it out outside? Good luck Michael. We will be having a similar view.

Brace yourself Michael,i hope yous are bunkering down,all the reptiles stay safe(and the enclosures etc)..PLEASE keep us updated as much as you can,(gather theres going to be power outages).Gee i thought that was you Michael,minus the beard lol..STAY SAFE EVERYONE...

Good to see Russell has a birds eye view. Are the greens waiting it out outside? Good luck Michael. We will be having a similar view.

I brought some of the youngsters in but the rest of them are staying outside - they're tough! Imagine the marketing potential: "cyclone-proof chondros" LOL

Take care.

The wind deffiantly has been wierd, we had a random storm for about 10 mins post about 20 mins of strongish winds, pretty calm at the moment, a little bit of wind but is deffiantly going to be a big night.

I brought some of the youngsters in but the rest of them are staying outside - they're tough! Imagine the marketing potential: "cyclone-proof chondros" LOL

Take care.
Gee i can see it now..4 sale-hatchie GTP,eats pinkie mice,sheds great,cyclone proof..Very hardy snakes...

Remington dont worry about emergency services coming to rescue REPTILIAN-KMAN as Anna Bligh has already said earlier today that nobody will be rescused for at least 24hrs after the storm has passed.

Gee i can see it now..4 sale-hatchie GTP,eats pinkie mice,sheds great,cyclone proof..Very hardy snakes...

Exactly! Always look at the bright side of life.
It's raining now - no good, it will make trees top-heavy.

Remington dont worry about emergency services coming to rescue REPTILIAN-KMAN as Anna Bligh has already said earlier today that nobody will be rescused for at least 24hrs after the storm has passed.
Mate anna did not say that she said that at some point in time emergency services will have to saty in she did not say 24hrs at all..

Why should we risk our lives for clowns who wont to go watch the storm there is all ways some idiots out there! when we where door knocking for the floods people where trying to go for a swim!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back