Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
EVERYTHING...Greens for example are just magnificent the way they are,WHY cross em with anything..Theres ALOT of nice looking Morelia,but there is still no need to cross with other sub-species..I Love Nice looking reptiles,a pure nice looking Jungle or Diamond would do it for me,rather then a X breed..Each to there own,what i like,others wont and so on..

Thanks for the honesty in your post. For what it's worth I kind of feel the same. The reason I asked is that I have noticed a bit of a trend of late that some things are still not being crossed while others are, and it does appear to be based IMO on how much the breed is worth as to whether or not it is deemed suitable to cross.

I love some jagchondro's, they will deffiantly hit the market soon, (no im not breeding them ) also I reckon an albino keeled python would look alright, same with a keeled green python (which would deffiantly be possible, now that jags are hear these animals will deffiantly turn up

Ben

Im more curious as to what NSW people would put Jagpondro's down as on their licences?
Being as Morelia spilota are class R1 and Morelia viridis are class R2....

Last edited:
79de80b5-94e1-4b4e.jpg

This is a coastal carpet cross woma it's pretty awesome

Is that in aus or in the USA ?

I would like to see an updated pic of that Coma. Wonder what itlookslike as an adult?

Jag= faulty gene causing neurological disorders. Jag to Jag is so ridiculously faulty that the offspring don't even survive. Now this is the real issue, how can you claim to love and be passionate about reptiles and deliberately spread this amongst the captive population. Deliberately crossing subspecies is really shallow in my books, but deliberately spreading neurological disorders is just plain sick.

if had these snakes i would try to cross breed them... might come out with a freak! garentee theres well known breeders crossing all sorts of pythons....

Spreading neurological disorders?....Through jags?..I bets go off my jags..=/ Ha
Not all the hatchies through a jag x jag pairing die...
Your talking about lueys right?

hahahaha, I understand that there are people who dislike jags.... your all sounding like a broken record ;). Don't like it, don't buy it, don't breed it, Stop shoving your moral opinions down our ears.

Now excuse me while I put a ball python over a jungle and release the hatchies into the wild ;)

Here is a challenge: Can you tell us in more words that just "awesome" what is awesome about this snake and why do you think it's awesome?

It's not awesome.... it's doesn't look like anything special IMO lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
The coma isn't mine it was produced 2 years ago in the us I'll see if I can find one on the website

I can't see any purpose in crossing gtp's anymore. There are lots of different non native localities and colour forms to play with. What do you do with a rsp?. I like the idea of a albino jaguar rough-scale python Continuesly bred back to the rsp till there is little carpet left. Might get rid of the neuro or get a lucey. Would that be an illegal in QLD?

Spreading neurological disorders?....Through jags?..I bets go off my jags..=/ Ha
Not all the hatchies through a jag x jag pairing die...
Your talking about lueys right?

My apologies for the delayed reply Inkage, yes you are correct in assuming i am referring to ''leucistics''. IE; Jag gene plus Jag gene, 2 copies of the Jag gene, Homozygous, a doubled up mutant doomed for an early grave, how else can i put it Lol. This was my mistake for not being more articulate in my previous post.

ntvnm, thanks for the nice comments, trust me i'm a complete amatuer compared to some of the older herpers that are less and less frequently visiting these forums. I do however have a conscience. Good luck to you.

[deleted]

Last edited by a moderator:
if had these snakes i would try to cross breed them... might come out with a freak! garentee theres well known breeders crossing all sorts of pythons....
That quarantee is spot on,guess who basically opened the market with Jags.."A well known breeder".Because he was the one that brought them out of the woodwork,then its ok.If you or me did it,then we would be hunted down and shot..lol..Unfortunately IMO the hobby is going down the gurgla..It just isnt the same anymore with a number of aspects..I just cant understand why ANYONE would even try breeding a green with anything else,they are magnificent pythons just the way they are..(Same applies to Rough Scaled pythons)For the jags owners-breeders,what do they come under in the licencing book..(curious).If it was a jungle x jag,gather it would be Jungle.(cheynei)..I realise we ALL cant like-dis-like the same animals.But im against it...

Make sure to read properly! The jagpondros and carpondros are in an overseas collection, the link is on the page. We don't keep green pythons, they are overrated! Some idiots have also mentioned the fact that we have called Irian Jayas, North Western pythons on our designer page. You would think that these experts would realise that they are the same sub-species. We do not acknowledge Hosers classification of the carpets.

We basically copied the information for all the recessive traits from a template we used for the albino North Westerns. I hope these over opinionated idiots will go and have a look at how all the recessive traits are virtually the same.

Last edited:
Well I cannot for the life of me work out why ppl would want to cross breed animals, I mean tell me what I am missing. Why stuff up genetics. Our reptiles are beautiful, but I get the impression its all about money, if ppl want a designer animal get a bloody dog. Why play around with what mother nature intended. It will soon be hard to get a natural reptile if ppl keep going the way they are and they will be like dogs you will be paying a fortune for a pure bred.

I don't usually like commenting in these type of threads, it always leads to a hammering for some poor bugger. But I'm going to put my two cents' worth in.
It shouldn't really matter to one, what the other is doing. If you like the cross breeds.. then buy one. If you don't.. then don't buy one. It really is that simple. There is always going to be someone that tries to succeed in crossing something that no one else has.. so what?? If they succeed and have buyers, well good on them. As long as the animal in question is always onsold as a cross and correctly identified when advertising for sale.
As for the last comment... I don't think it will ever become a problem to buy a pure of any of the species. There are plenty of people that have crosses that still keep some species pure, but there are also the steadfast purists that will never let a species become corrupted.
So whether you see them as ugly mungrels, or simply stunning... remember... to each his own.

Carpetpythons.com.au - any update pics on these darwin x jungle albinos that you promised?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back