Bring it Yassi

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey steveo2, I've got mates that offered for us to go to their place at mt lousia, but staying in our place in kirwan. As of yet just a bit of wind and rain, the dog is still outside, so it's not too bad.

Thanks rednut, i'll check back in here in the morning (12pm here) and see how you all fared! Best wishes!! :D

I live just south of Innisfail. Quite blowy at the moment but nowhere near what we're going to get. A few trees and plants broken so far. Fingers crossed we'll chat tomorrow.
IDQ65001.gif

Last edited:
A two-story high gum tree just snapped clean off halfway down the trunk across the road from me. Probably one of the first of many tree casualties to come.

good luck to everyone up north. I already got my fingers crossed for my family in cairns, so i'll cross my toes for you guys. Be safe.

Makes me wonder if this is why there has been such a down-turn during the breeding season last year? As they say...animals seem to sense these things before it happens and this is probably why so many keepers had no success in breeding? It's amazing when you think about it.

All the best to you guys up there, everyone down here is glued to the tv and watching all the updates on the cyclone and hope you all make it out okay!

Take care

Just got an update on TV...apparently it's made a turn even further North, this means Cairns may cop more of the brunt :(

Tsubakai, a couple of trees down in my parents street, 12 in a mates street, and another mate that lives on the hill says the water is just about to top the breakwater wall at the marina, so the storm surge is well and truely on its way. The dog chooses to stay outside....

Where is Firepac with all his excellent information>

Good luck North Qld, our thoughts are with you!

My Auntie and family up near the floods were lucky to not bear the brunt of that, now hopefully the other Auntie in Cairns (Trinity Beach) will be lucky as well. She's got a strong brick house with metal beams that go from the roof down deep into the foundations. She, her family and pets are all in the bathroom, sounds 'cozy'.

Keep your heads down, look after your animals and stay safe!

Last edited:
Update: Apparently it's bad enough for the dog to find her way inside now. Pussy :lol:

You could ahve fooled me Scorps Im looking at the Bureau of Meterorology map and eeeekkk everyone in North QLD stay safe ok

Hey guys,

Just an update, oh k so I just woke up, I live in south cairns and sleptr through the whole thing, alot of cairns lost power but we kept it the whole time. all of our trees are still up and yeah doesnt really look like much has happened here,

I am not speaking for the rest of FNQ just my street (although the people accross the road lost power)

Ben

wow Scorps you have been so lucky

So has all the wind in your area stopped ?

I thought they said it wouldnt be fully passed over till lunchtime ?

Hubby and I didnt fall asleep till late last night watching the news and watching the weathermap in disbeleif

Elizabeth

So far, it's very calm in Cairns, just the odd gust now and then. "Calm before the storm" is probably what it is.

Hi Michael
Weve been sending you good vibes all night........really worried about everyone

Are you OK

Im off to work now will be trying to check in through the day between clients......

I hope everyone is OK

Elizabeth

And Baden.....you're in qld too I hope you're ok could someone who can connect try and let us all know you are ok !! Elizabeth

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back