Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Umbral

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Our enclosures have been getting up to 36C with this heat wave, not just in the warm end its across the whole enclosure. I know you are ment to have a cool end but at the moment that doesnt seem possible.
Any ideas? Or is that normal in summer? Im guessing in the wild they would have the same temp days but would find a cool patch to lie in?
Any comments would be appriciated

Similar problem here, my snake's enclosure has been getting to around 35*C across the whole Vivarium... The lil Childrens python don't seem to mind that much :)

mine have also been doing the same but about 30-32*c ive turned off the heat and i run a small aircon in my room at night to lower temps but i can wake up and my rooms 30*c at 5am and stays about the same through the day my 3 snakes seem active and feeding fine so they dont seem stressed or anything.

Our snakes dont seem to mind either (Coastals and womas) was just curious as to if its a major issue I need to sort out or if its just a part of summer for them.

yes will be an issue for alot of people. just turn heating off, ive found myself an issue with my southern angle headed dragons, keepign them cool has been a major issue as there enclosure can reach as high as 35degrees and they dont like temperatures above 30. ive just been spraying them as much as possible during the day with cold water from the frige, so far they seem to be coping alright.

At the moment I'm having a similar issue where my Childrens enclosure will get around 31-32 without any lights. Same with the Knob Tails.. I've turned all heating off and mist the geckos cool end and keep topping up water bowls with cool water for the snake and Bearded Dragon to give them a cool place to go.

I add ice packs wrapped in towl to enclosures on hot days, last resort for my pythons/frogs to sit on if it feels too hot.

I add ice packs wrapped in towl to enclosures on hot days, last resort for my pythons/frogs to sit on if it feels too hot.

I do the same if it gets above 35. Another idea is to grab an old bed sheet (get permission from the mrs first), saturate in water and place it over a fan, you'd be surprised how much cool air it throws.

I do the same if it gets above 35. Another idea is to grab an old bed sheet (get permission from the mrs first), saturate in water and place it over a fan, you'd be surprised how much cool air it throws.

I like the sound of that idea :D

ywa water cooled fans are good or dodgieng one up with a wet sheet lol however they can promote mold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back