PSI for Motorbike Tyres

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allies_snakes

Reaction score
Hey boys & girls,

I have just bought a Suzuki GN250 and cannot work out how much PSI the tyre's take. Can someone please help me out? Didn't come with a manual, its probably printed on the tyre but I have looked and have no idea what I am looking at, I down loaded a manual off the net, but it is in German & asian..?? *** ...also, no guesstimates, only answer if you truly know your bikes.
Cheers & T.I.A,

Ali.

I would be asking a bike shop, tell them what tyres you have and they should be able to tell you. The max tyre pressure will be on the wall of the tyre but even this is a guide and is often to high for Australian conditions

Yes, have been trying to ring them and the previous owner but the bike shops are not open on sunday's, the pre.owner is not answering and is possibly back at work in the mines, so who knows how long that will take to get that info. Wanna go for a ride nowwww! They don't need much air put in them at the mo really, I just wanted to know, more than anything. Thanks.

just put in enough air so it feels solid and not rock hard should be fine least u can go for a ride and just wait till the weekday to find out proper tire pressures

just had a look at my service manual for my kawasaki zx9 for road use it stats 36 psi front 41 psi rear but i run them abit higher as i said 40 and 42 psi

Ah ok, much bigger bike and tyres, different pressures...
For a GN the pressures are the same as my GS

Sounds good luohanfan

Last edited:
a1manmarchnband

Last edited:
I run 14 front 13 rear when dry and 12 front 10 rear in the mud :p

Pump them up, then have a ride, if they are to hard, let some air out. Thats how i did it for motard.

Ok boys, you are all getting toooooo confusing!!!!! If you dont have this bike, please dont comment...too many different psi posted there. :-S

29psi front, 31psi rear is what i run..

Hi Allies, like what is said above sounds about right, I have been riding a very long time and tyres pressures are a personal preferance, but as long you are around what is mentioned above you will be fine. I have a Triumph Tiger and I run 42 in the rear and 37 in the front around town and and the mountains, when doing a lot a straight line touring I lower my pressures accordingly.
Enjoy your bike, riding is great fun.

run 28-29 in the front, and 31-32 in the rear mate..
Thats pretty standard for a 250..
always make sure the rear has a little more pressure than the front..

My bike is a 500cc but has 250cc sized tyres on it, so i should know..
(also rang a make that works for suzuki and he said " 28 front 32 rear")

Hope this helps..

Front: 25psi solo/dual riding

Rear: 29psi solo/33psi dual

Hope this helps......These details were taken from a GN250 spec sheet.....OH and I have been riding bikes for 26 years

Cheers
Daz

i run 120 psi in front and back... oh wait wrong kind of bike :p

i would say between 30-40psi min-max and just work out whats comfortable for you and the way you ride and the conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back