Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DEC

Not so new Member
Reaction score
The Department of Environment, Climate Change and Water (DECCW) is offering a number of reptiles for disposal through a ballot. The following species have been identified for the Department and are advertised as:

5 juvenile Jungle Carpet Pythons Morelia spilota cheyni
2 Water Pythons (1 juvenile, 1 adult) Liasis fuscus
2 adult Eastern Carpet Pythons Morelia spilota mcdowelli
1 juvenile Murray Darling Carpet Python Morelia spilota metcalfei

Every effort has been made to correctly identify these animals. The Department cannot guarantee the identification of an animal offered though the ballot system.

These animals have been surrendered to the Department. Some of these animals may have been caught in the wild and their original capture locations are unknown. The return of these animals to the wild is not a responsible conservation option.

The Department recommends that a veterinarian checks all animals received through the ballot system and a reptile hygiene protocol be followed.

If you wish to be included in the ballot you must register your interest by 8.00 AM Monday 7th February 2011. Registrations received after this time will not be accepted. You can register your interest by either a faxed message to 02 9585 6401 or an emailed message to [email protected]

Phone inquiries will not be accepted.

Your registration must include the following:

1. the words DECCW BALLOT in the title of your fax or email
2. your full name
3. your address
4. a prioritised list of the animals you would like to register for
5. your current NSW Animal Keepers’ Licence number authorising the possession of the animals you have registered for
6. your contact number between 10.00am and 10:30am on Monday 7th February 2011
7. NOTE: only one individual animal per licensee can be provided

Any registrations that do not include all of the above will be excluded from the ballot. Licences will be checked before the ballot. Expired licences or licensees whose fauna record books we have not received for 2010 will also be excluded from the ballot.

NB: If you are successful in the ballot you must be available to collect the animal from the Department’s Hurstville office between 2.00PM and 3.00PM on Tuesday 8th February 2011. If you intend to have someone collect the animals from our office on your behalf they must have permission from you IN WRITING. Verbal permission will not be accepted.

If you are successful:

1. you will be notified by phone between 10.00am and 10:30am on Monday 7th February 2011;
2. you must collect the animal from the Department’s Hurstville office between 2.00PM and 3.00PM on Tuesday 8th February 2011. If you are unable to collect your animal during this time it will be forfeited to the next available person; and
3. you must bring a hard-shelled lockable container to transport your animal and a clean pillow case.

Its a good system of giving unwanted snakes to a new home. I got a Diamond last time and it couldn't be a better snake the most placid I have ever seen.

I`m dirty on myself because for years I`ve been doing shift work and was usually rostered off on the pick up days but didn`t enter the ballot. Now I`ve started a new job on day work and wouldn`t be able to get there to pick up if I won so I won`t bother entering even though this time I really want to! One of the jungles or the MD would would be perfect!

Thats what sickies are for. Just feel sick about 1:30 and its all good you have a new snake.

Yeah, if it was my old job I would, but I`ve only been there for two weeks.

Says you can get someone on your behalf to pick it up for you with written consent?

Yeah but everyone I know who could do it wont go near a snake with a ten foot pole! I`ll just have to buy more snakes like most people!

That sucks hopefully next time your free if you win.

Last edited:
We'll see, if it is, it can go with my other cranky Jungle....

I just won the Murry Darling carpet :) :lol:

We will need to see some pictures once you get them home tomorrow. Once again congrats and good on you for giving them a new home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back