Well will you look @ what they found ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever else happens, I really hope you didn't play with it then go play with your own animals...

No I didnt ! I wasnt sure about it and I always wash my hands properly between snakes lol
plus thank you !

mehhhh pretty sure ive got the idea ! good bad and rude @#$..................

Jas101,

You've never once in your life broken a law or neglected to obey one? I wish i was as pure as you. I guess at the end of the day they're gunna do what they want. IMO what are the chances an albino is gunna make it in the wild even if it did escape would probably get picked up by a cat dog or some narrow minded human anyway.
when it comes to keeping illegal exotic animals , no i havnt broken the law . really thats what this disscusion is about , an illegal corn snake -

I'd agree with hornet on this one. I dont think think the world is as black and white as people make it out to be. Love the debate though. i guess you've done your job told the parents what the consequinces are and now it's on them.

Its not a snow corn. i would say its probably a bubblegum, there are endless amounts of corn snake morphs and in my 16 years in England im pretty sure i came across a good proportion of them haha, its not white enough to be a snow, most snows are almost patternless. a bubblegum looks like a snow but with subtle pink patterns so im gonna say its a bubblegum corn :)

Guys, how can you accuse Zeezza of getting the snake herself? That is an awful assumption to make!!!

poor kid, tell them its illegal and let the parents decide, god knows the country is full of exotics anyway and hes already done the enviromment a favour in removing it from where it could cause harm,... (well, create competition for the natives,..)

if i was a young kid who was told the animal i just found was going to be put down id release it before anyone could stop me.

The Kangaroo court has passed judgement..*****cute the the girl and Serpent immediately.

Haha, what the **** is wrong with execute...

the thing that worries me about this thread is the fact that the snake was already here. Where did it come from? I spoke to a keeper up here who reckon they know someone anonymous around the corner breeding corns and boas etc i figure victoria, and nsw would be even worse than qld. Its a shame people in our hobby have no respect for our native reptiles and will happily purchase an illegal animal just because they look a bit different. I think exotics are here to stay because some people just cant help themselves . ps ime not talking about you sheeza its about the twert that originally bred or illegally purchased that corn

mrkos did you ever think that exotics just might have happened to already be here pre amnesty before we had reptile keepers licences and it was frowned upon for keeping any form of reptiles

i know they have been here a long time but why do people still breed them and if so let them escape? They are illegal for a reason. Ive watched asian house geckos overun my house this summer i mean they are everywhere as much as i like a spider free house i feel sorry for any native gecko species if they are around these AHGs seem to be getting bigger and more aggressive every year. What will corns and burms do if they properly establish themselves in the wild i would love to know but i dont think anyone can accurately say because it hasnt happened here yet.

there valid points! I doubt the aisian geckos came in the pet trade though and they dont seem to invade native gecko's habitats but more our towns and citys, none the less they are still a problem though
but as an example if the NPWS decided to put a ban on keeping pythons but still allow all other reptiles do you honestly think everyone will give up their love for pythons and hand all theirs in never to keep or breed them again?

No i dont its like everything they try to make illegal people will always defy the law we all do to varying extents. Like i said in my first post though what worries me is this kid found it, brought it, or whatever. If people are gunna keep illegal snakes then they should be responsible enough to prevent them from escaping and not breed these animals for sale purposes. The horse has bolted as far as ime concerned like morphs and hybrids exotics are here to stay ime just havin a whinge cause i love our natives.
their valid points! I doubt the aisian geckos came in the pet trade though and they dont seem to invade native gecko's habitats but more our towns and citys, none the less they are still a problem though
but as an example if the NPWS decided to put a ban on keeping pythons but still allow all other reptiles do you honestly think everyone will give up their love for pythons and hand all theirs in never to keep or breed them again?

i think you should be worried tho Zeezza, someone near you has snow corns, and obviously isnt keeping them well if one got out......i would try to find out who.. ;)

I had a bloke and his girlfriend come into my work today to buy some stuff. I noticed he had a container of crickets with him and asked did he keep lizards. He said he had a beardy and four leopard geckos.......I then said be careful who you tell that to as the geckos are illegal and someone may dob you in.....He then said their not illegal and he bought them off a licensed breeder and had written them into his NPWS keeper book lol. I advised him not to hand that book in come april and get a fresh one going lol. He showed me some pics of them on his phone and left convinced i was wrong about the illegality of them. Point is half the people out there with exoctics dont even know their illegal and the other half dont care.

. Point is half the people out there with exoctics dont even know their illegal and the other half dont care.

That's right just look at Jags :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Turn a blind eye and let the kid enjoy it. Better he have it, than it slithering around in the wild! Who knows, he might even grow up to be an ambassador for our natives. All you young people whining about exotics and licensing systems don't know half as much as you think you do. If only you had been around in the REAL days! Leave the kid alone, and stop making assumptions!

One, its an albino not a snow. Snows are white. Two, whom ever said its a constrictor is correct but they dont get over a metre so hardly any danger to humans.
Three, they are illegal because the Federal authorities claim they were never legally imported for distribution outside of zoos even though a large number of exotics in private hands originated from excess animals from zoos. Four, I would not have posted this on here but I would not keep it and Five oh well s&*^ happens.

Good onya zeeza for trying to do the right thing. Ten points for effort, people need to up their situational awareness. If she knew it was illegal and bought it, why would she post about it here? Doesn't make sense to me. But then I do tend to think things through

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back