record keeping

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crikey

Reaction score
record keeping book

i would like to know if people would be interested in buying a book to keep records of your reptiles
it will have little tags out the top of the books to make it easy to find animals
it will be about 100-250 pages each book or more if you keep large numbers of reptiles
it will have rows to record your info like
and it will save hours on the computer you can just carry this book around with you and fill it out as you feed, clean or give meds to your reptiles
it will have headings to record your info underneath like
sex of animal
sciantific name of animal
id # for each animal
feeding
sheding
pairing of animals
morph of animal
price of animal
egg clutch data
medication info
cage maintenance
the book will be about a2 size a bit big but than you will be able to record more info
it will cost about $5 depending on number of pages you want and what info you want
if yous have any more information that yous would like to see in the standard book please just say what it is
i will be able to make custom books for each person for the info that you would like in your book
so please add coments on how i can improve this
it will all be done fore you you will just have to add the records :p

Last edited:
that sounds great, I would probably buy one. However i think most will stick with excel or similar software as it is easier, customisable, free and saves trees :)

i like the idea.. computers are great but i always prefer to have things written infront of me or i forget to fill them out. a book would be cool!

Sounds like a good idea,especially if ur not much of a computer freak..Ive got mine on the laptop,however its stuffing up and i cant retreive any info on it yet..So a book would be a great idea also..

Yep great idea, I know I'd be more inclined to keep proper records and stuff if I had a nice book to fill out, I have numerous random papers all over the place that get lost and mixed up, drives me nuts lol.

Great idea! would also be good to have a couple of plastic sleeves or something in there too for random bits of paper/receipts etc

defiantely need something in it for receipts, i always seem to misplace lisence numbers and date of sales. Great idea

IMO A2 is too big to be really practical, something more pocket sized would probably be more popular rather then carrying a large book around and i dont see why you couldnt do exactly what your talking about on a smaller more portable scale. It would be easier for writing down data on the go but i'm sure bigger breeders would still find computer software a much less time consuming method for data retrieval then flicking through pages to find information but as i said would be great for taking down info for later adding to a computer database

ok ill try to include the plastic sleeves and i will make the book smaller so its easyer to carry around im also doing an excel sheet so yous can add the info to it when yous have free time the excel record sheet will be free to download it will have stuff like
feeding date/ pairing of animals, shed dates, poop dates, the licence # of the people you get the snake of, hatching dates, egg laid dates and number off eggs laid and lots of other important info
so keep the ideas comming the book is still being planned and shouldent be to long before its avilable

I'll take one when ready!! Nothing beats having all your info in good old black and white. My current one is nearly full, so hurry up lol!! That way I don't have to make another one.

I think that's a great idea. I'll take it in A2 size as well. Pm me if you get it happening.

THE BOOK ARE NOW AVILABLE to get a copy contact me at [email protected] and just ask for a record keeping book tell me how many you wont nd ill send te price each book is $14 with 57 pages to reord your animal records like feeding shed/ weight and measurments/ meds and breeding info you just have to write in the dates or the info all the headings are done in a taple format to keep all info organised

Last edited:
ok the books are now $13 and you can record up to 20 animals in each book i have them for sale in the herp (food, accessories and service) section here are some photos of inside the book

Attachments

• P2010040.jpg
    P2010040.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 88
  • P2010037.jpg
    P2010037.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 74
  • P2010036.jpg
    P2010036.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 81
  • P2010039.jpg
    P2010039.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 72
  • P2010041.jpg
    P2010041.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 71
Is it just printed out and stapled together or proprly binded?

Ben

thay are stapled but with strong staples i thought that thay would break as staples do so i have tested one book and just kepped bending it all that type of thing to see if thay would break and so far after one month of bending them for about 5 mins every day its still in great condition so its not like thay will break and you will have paper every where it will stay together for a long time i use them my self and coldnt be happyer

thay will be at the reptile show in april or march i thing at the striking art stand so yous can see them for your selfs before buying them if youse would like to wait till than if your not sure about them

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back