6am at Springbrook :) (photography related)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradchip

Reaction score
Went out yesterday morning for a bit of a shoot (photography), and have always found rainforest shots to be elusive. I see all these incredible rainforest shots on postcards and books and calendars...but never managed to nail one.

This is hardly at that level, but this is easily the closest I've come :D

5417902250_5e4e471b80_b.jpg

Post any pics you've taken recently. APS doesn't have nearly enough random photography threads!

What type of camera,lens, aperture and shutter speed did you used on the camera, I'm assuming you used a digital SLR. Very nice picture buy the way.

Camera was the Nikon D300...but you could really use any SLR.

I used the Tokina 11-16 wideangle lens at f/11. This is an 8 second shot. I can't remember if I was using a polarizer or any other filters. Don't think I was though. It was a lot darker than what the shot implies...collecting 8 seconds worth of light.

oh wow. That is a bloody amazing shot. Great work :)

Great shot! here is one of mine taken the other day.

Attachments

• 179354_1832623856354_1263127095_32153877_4182076_n.jpg
    179354_1832623856354_1263127095_32153877_4182076_n.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 176
Oh my goodness, Brad! That's awesome! I'm definitely going to have to try rain forest shots one day! I love the silk effect of the water :D can you shoot me a pm with your favourite spots around Brissy..?
Nice shot also, Jason :)

Great shot Brad, I love shooting long exposures of moving water, ill try to throw a few of my own up over the next couple of days. Get yourself some ND filters so you can do even longer exposures and in brighter light, they are definitely worth the $$, I use B+W brand.

Thanks heaps Geck.

I have a few filters. The Cokin ND4 and ND8, and an ND400...which is good for these kind of shots...but you can't really see a thing through the viewfinder with it on. Gotta compose the shot before you even put the filters on. I haven't got much use out of this filter...but have gotten some decent shots when I bothered trying.

This was taken at Cabarita beach with the ND400 and a polariser stacked.

4560753362_0bac8a2ff4_z.jpg

Thanks for having a look Geck :)

Trouble...I'll be sending you a PM soon. Got a few nice spots for you to check out :)

Another great shot, I also use cokin filters, I sometimes use ND4 and a grad filter stacked aswell but like you said, it's a hassle not being able to see through the viewfinder, I hate it when I compose and focus the shot and then screw the filters on only to find that after 5 minute exposure I knocked it out of focus 

Nice photo mate ! i live at Springbrook i have my whole life and i love seeing all the photo's of it from people that visit if anyones keen for a shoot on the mountain for anything hit me up with a PM and we can organise a night or day for herping i can show you a few good spots.

panof3sisters.jpg
Awesome Pics!
I only have a point and shoot, this is about the best pic ive taken so far..
3 sisters katoomba..

Woody, I'll definitely be taking you up on that offer sometime.

Luohanfan... Fantastic pano. I'm assuming that this was a few shots and not just one?

That'd look brilliant on anyone's wall :D

Bradchip, Jason.R and Luohanfan, those are just beautiful photos.....well done all of you. Those are the kind of pictures I use on the desktop of my computer because they're calming and emotive.
I can look at them when I'm working and forget I'm stuck inside an office lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back