New Scorpions!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarke.93

Reaction score
Hey, just wanted to show some of my new additions.
and any pointers you guys could give me on there set up.
There is one hiding atm, so he is there somewhere haha.
(also many thanks to hornet for his patience and help through out the purchase of mine and my mates)

Attachments

• Scorpos 001.jpg
    Scorpos 001.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 109
  • Scorpos 002.jpg
    Scorpos 002.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 96
cool looks awesome mate!!!
are they easy to keep? what do scorpions require?

Mate im not one to give advice im new myself.
but complete setup cost me
$2.65 for coco peat which is the soil looking stuff, then sand was like 10 bucks for a whole bag full.
wood was from petshop, (im sure u could find much the same) but that was $10.95.
then the water is an old jar lid, actual scorpions are 60 bucks for 2 which is awesome price compared to petshops.
oh and crickets were like 6 bucks which has heaps in there.
and i dont need any heat up here for QLD but im sure u could get ones from your area that are suited, mine are rainforest ones but the light gives off a little heat aswell.
thats all,

Very cool

I'd love to know more about keeping scorpians.. including how on earth you clean the set-up without them stinging you lol

very nice lio :)
do you know what locale/species ?

@equinny: liocheles are the most placid scorp, rarely ever sting you. No aussie scorps are dangerous anyway...

pretty cool man :D i'd like to get into inverts at some point but i think i have to move out of my parents place first haha!!

Yeah, ive been stung by alot of scorpions. Most of them dont hurt much if at all, so theres not really a worry of being stung unless you end up having an allergic reaction and dying lol. Scorpions are easy as pie too keep, except for a few species. Mine all live in chinese food containers on straight damp cocopeat and thrive. Dont bother with heating they dont really need it.

I just brought mine home and said look ive got presents ahha, but my parents are chill like that haha.

i hear you dont really needa clean you just turn the soil every now and then.
but complete change every 6 months.
its like a bee sting i think i heard what someone said, but these guys are placid as.

How do you keep the soil damp, trog?
with spray bottle or throw water in there?

I just brought mine home and said look ive got presents ahha, but my parents are chill like that haha.

lol, if it was a snake im pretty sure me parents wouldnt mind (but i play it safe and always consult first anyway haha) but if i came home with inverts id probably be ordered to return them to where they came from lol! :p

Pretty sure they are just rainforest ones. is tht what you mean?
Do you keep scorpions too?

haha lucky this is a start to a snake work them in haha.
they dont care what i do/have as long as i look after them and yea

Im not sure they live for sorry

lol, and i think i read somewhere a while ago that they live for about 5 years :D

hey,
they can live to about 6-8 years if cared well.
i keep mine on 5cm of moist cocopeat (not too moist, squeeze all the water out, you can keep them on sand but i chose not too, has the tank got ventilation??

heres my setup....

Attachments

• SDC15158.jpg
    SDC15158.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 46
Depends on the species as to how long they live, generally smaller species are shorter lived, but large Urodacus species are said to live for around 10 if cared for well. And i mist mine with a spray bottle, or if they have dried out lots i just pour some water in one corner. As richoman said, squeeze out as much water as you can when you put the cocopeat in. The dampness it is at then is about how you want to keep it, for Liocheles anyway. And clarke, you do need to clean them otherwise mites and nematode worms come to leftover food and can kill your scorpion, nematodes basically eat them from the inside out. Spot cleaning leftovers is the biggest problem, other then that every 6 months or so give a full change of substrate.

im getting a new spray bottle tomorrow, mum offered an old one but previously had chemicals in it so didnt risk it.
yea i squeezed out as much as i could then put it in and kept it at that since.
yea i know that i have to take out the leftovers haha. i just thought the clean meant the whole thing and assumed people knew i would be taking left overs out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back