Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with children's python gets abit boring, as they don't have much personality, although that's just my opinion. if you are looking for something with a nice pattern easy too look after and cheap, go diamond python.

I agree with children's python gets abit boring, as they don't have much personality, although that's just my opinion. if you are looking for something with a nice pattern easy too look after and cheap, go diamond python.

I would get a diamond python but I have heard heaps of stuff about them getting sick easily is that true?

They may have , But quite a few of us have better!
hahah so true

i started with a jungle and now i'm adding a blonde spotted and an albino darwin next month(cross fingers) from snake ranch already picked out the blonde just waiting on the albinos to be ready. can't wait.

ive never seen that. just get one, there cheap and have a nice pattern.

The only ones i wouldnt suggest for a first python would be Scrubs and olives just because of their size. Apart from that it all depends what you like the look of and how much you have to spend on the snake and the setup

get something that you like/love! even if it means spending more, snakes live 20-30 yrs, don't want to spend all that time with something that was just ok and cheap at the time! do research on the animals that appeal to you, what temps, humidity, size, meal size and cage setups apply to said animal. also each animal is different, some might say that stimmis are less snappy than a spotted but it is really upto each individual animal and how well you care for it that seems to determine this! when i first started looking into snakes i found alot of info saying gtp's were a look but don't touch animal, yet i have seen alot of people that can handle their gtp!

go for what you like, in your price range, things like womas are pretty much ruled out anyway, you could go a bredli, md, or any other carpet, the size you want suggests an antaresia but, its your choice

Thank you all for your info I will just get on that I think is the best for me
I dont like the idea of a big on that much.. well I do but mum doesnt hahah
thank you all so much <3

yes i agree! go for look, price, and size. it all depends on what you like and how much time you have for them.

Hello Pipa well theres already been a lot of good advice no corect answer but if you want a little python go with a chirldreni but good to buy a hatchie as you say get to you and its amazing watching them frow and shed as they change colour truely amazing if you have it around your sisters and brothers they should handle your python has well coastals are amongst the most placid but grow large some darwins are good to handle but mostly the more you handle the more comfortable becomes with you snakes can tell people apart from others nd son knows its "safe zone"

Hello Pipa well theres already been a lot of good advice no corect answer but if you want a little python go with a chirldreni but good to buy a hatchie as you say get to you and its amazing watching them frow and shed as they change colour truely amazing if you have it around your sisters and brothers they should handle your python has well coastals are amongst the most placid but grow large some darwins are good to handle but mostly the more you handle the more comfortable becomes with you snakes can tell people apart from others nd son knows its "safe zone"

cool thanks for you help

yes i agree! go for look, price, and size. it all depends on what you like and how much time you have for them.
Well I do have a far bit of time for them so I hope I can get them used to handling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back