Dundees Wildlife Park, Murray Bridge, SA on fire!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slytherin

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I know there are quite a few SA people on the forum who have been to and love Dundees Wildlife Park at Murray Bridge. I discovered this just now, to my horror :shock:. The park had many beautiful animals including pythons....

This from the 'Adelaide Now' website, under Breaking News...
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/murray-bridge-wildlife-park-on-fire-aviary-burning/story-e6frea6u-1226003761326

"Murray Bridge wildlife park on fire, aviary burning

* Amy Noonan
* February 10, 2011 2:42PM

A GRASS fire in a Murray Bridge wildlife park is burning an aviary and has forced the evacuation of a hotel.

The fire, at Dundee's Hotel and Wildlife Park, started about 1.50pm and spread to pine trees and the aviary.

Four Country Fire Service crews are fighting the fire off Jervois Rd and the RSPCA is also responding, a CFS spokeswoman said.

MORE TO COME"

I hope they managed to get some of the animals out! :cry:

**** NOOOOOOOOOOOOO not Dundee's! They had a gorgeous scrubby and coastal there!!! and all those beautiful birds they have, they come and sit on your hand!!!!!

A sad update *cries in the corner*....

A FIRE at a Murray Bridge hotel and wildlife park is believed to have killed exotic birds and reptiles.
The fire at Dundee's Hotel and Wildlife Park was thought to have started from a generator spark, after a power failure about 1.50pm, a CFS spokeswoman said.
The grass fire spread to a palm tree and then to two large aviaries, but three CFS crews and one MFS crew prevented the fire from reaching the hotel.
It was contained about 2.30pm.
The CFS estimates $350,000 damage from the incident.

Hi guys, I volunteer there so I will try and get more info on saturday.
Don't have too much info but Ive been told 3 pythons have been saved and the black cockatoos. The roof has gone out and owls and kookaburras have died. I would think the other birds wouldn't have made it either. It started by a generator when the power went out.

Thanx for that imalizard. OMG, I hope yr right about the pythons. I still feel sad for the other birds though. Terrible loss. Please keep us informed.

Should be on the news soon.

The kookaburras, owls, lizards, turtles, budgies, finches, and the major mitchell have all died. The snakes and crocs are all fine.

**** NOOOOOOOOOOOOO not Dundee's! They had a gorgeous scrubby and coastal there!!! and all those beautiful birds they have, they come and sit on your hand!!!!!

Especially the pigeons LOL,

oh no, I just read imalizards post........ bugga.!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back