Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why in the states there also crossing spotteds with bredli, so who knows what will come of this, and Im sure everyones seen "the australian dream" If my memmory serves me right it was a bhp cross carpet, and everyone in the states loved it so who knows what will happen in the future of reptiles in Australia

Cheers

Ben[/QUOTE]

Does anyone have a pic of the "Australian Dream" because I`ve had a look around and could only find a "coma" pic ?

Also just in case anyone didn`t know a "Coma" is a Woma x Carpet.

I can understand the desire for these animals , there something different a chance for people to have something that no one else has .

I have seen That Python In many diff shots...Thou I Do like it..I have hurd it Is one of the only really nice ones out of the whole project if not the "nicest"...Im not standing by my words haha but I have hurd that as many times as I have seen the Diff pics..
anyone else hurd that? :)

If I was you, I wouldn't be standing by your words either - they don't stack up too well. Have you HURD this before?

i think it will be ok when these hit the market, people who like them will buy them, people who don't like them wont buy them...simple as that i think anyways.

well with the stuck up parents bragging on how perfect there parenting skills are 9 out of 10 times there kids turn out to be hussys and druggos and go on to do un educated jobs... so keep an eye on your back yard n stop worrying about every one elses.... if you dont like it dont buy them... worry about your own dont worry about other peoples pythons

This is a very untrue and uninformed statement to make. There are ugly snakes in any clutch and even in so called pure lines! Beauty is really in the eye of the beholder and people seem to say something is beautiful because the refer to things that they think of as beautiful and colourful. I have some animals that i love; that the majority of you would say are ugly. A beautiful snake is a very loose and relative term when it comes to reptiles!

how can this be an untrue and uninformed statement if you follow it with "there are ugly snakes in any clutch". what i said is that i understand there are some good looking ones and there are also ugly ones. how is that untrue or uninformed? i agree that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but when you consider that these hybrids are conjured primarily for their appearance, why would you spend thousands on an ugly carpondro/jag when you could spend a few hundred and get something good looking with a similar temperament? i understand that there are people that are more than willing to do this, i personally don't see the merits. I do not know how this makes me uninformed? please clarify so i am no longer uninformed.

Sye

Don't virides and a spilota subspecies clash areas?

Don't virides and a spilota subspecies clash areas?

Please explain?
"clash areas"?

virides is viridis and it's not a subspecies, spilota on its own isn't either, M. spilota spilota is.

OK then, i thought you meant all hybrids look like rubbish? Did i misinterpret what you said?

They are interesting but I personally wouldn't buy one. There will always be a market for animals that are different looking - whether pure or hybrid. Some people will buy an animal just for its looks without any intention of breeding it.

I prefer the python species and subspecies as they are. I saw a woma x ball python in the US in 2005 and it was just strange ......

I'm sure they will be on the market in the future .... hybrids are being openly advertised and sold.

I just hope that people are honest to admit the parentage of the animals they are selling if they are questioned.

I have no concern with these entering the hobby.
So long as it is legally done, with Jags, it is their origin that concerns me.
In saying that, I have seen some sensational patterned young.

If they are to start entering the hobby, I believe we should be able to identify these as cross bred species, so people are not unwittingly conned (poor word choice but I could not think of another that had the same impact) by those less scrupulous.
Also our current ID system means we can only have a certain species stated, when the species can only account for half the genetics.
Not everyone is able to spot a cross bred python, or would have a clue where to start.
I can see two schools forming, pure strain and mixed.
It will be interesting to see where "Natural Intergrades" are placed though, and which commands the higher price.

imagesCA5NI0JX.jpgimagesCAD0VY0O.jpghybrid python.jpgHeres a couple to wrap ur lips around..Not my cup of tea...

Please explain?
"clash areas"?

virides is viridis and it's not a subspecies, spilota on its own isn't either, M. spilota spilota is.
Sorry, I meant viridis.
And what I mean was aren't some of the Morelia spilota subspecies in the same area as GTPs?

No, there is some habitat partitioning between the two species, at least in Cape York and PNG. I don't know about Indonesia. Where you find GTPs, you don't find carpets, it's bit strange but that how it is.

Heres a couple to wrap ur lips around..Not my cup of tea...

Hmmm, the first two have lost the beauty of GTPs, where is the vivid green? Sorry....
The blue one has got head on it like a water python. lol

Last edited:
I would use blunt knife to cut its head off .... no! Sorry, I would use blunt knife to cut off the sixth finger on the breeders right hand.... that would still leave him with 3 eyes and 3 legs. Hell, sharpen that knife!

Sharpening up that Knife over here boss....:)

AAAAAAHH, PRETTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theres no denying theyre beautiful, but i disagree with so many things in regards to tehm (the culling of the healthy sibs especially, not to mention i dont believe in breeding things that arent 100% right, and from what ive seem some jags arent even 10% right) that i wouldnt even take one if it was offered for free!!

shame, cos they look awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back