Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those poor little bastard snakes, I look at them and just think what the hell is it?
It confuses me looking at them I wonder how they feel?? Do you keep it like a green and up the humidity? It may rot because it didn't get that gene, or do you keep like a carpet and have it dehydrate because it missed that gene??
How do you know?? They might look great but die early because the're not kept to the genes they have inherited!!

If that's the Australian dream then our dreamtime needs a molotov cocktail.

Those poor little bastard snakes, I look at them and just think what the hell is it?
It confuses me looking at them I wonder how they feel?? Do you keep it like a green and up the humidity? It may rot because it didn't get that gene, or do you keep like a carpet and have it dehydrate because it missed that gene??
How do you know?? They might look great but die early because the're not kept to the genes they have inherited!!

If that's the Australian dream then our dreamtime needs a molotov cocktail.

Great comment. I love jags, and would happily own one, but how do you set them up. Height, lenght, humidity, temp, etc. Fantastic looking snakes, but I would be too scared to outlay money for them at the moment. Anyone have a caresheet yet for jags!!!

Pretty sure I'm on the record as not condoning species or even sub species crosses even though some of them look outstanding but I think your statement is a little extreme. I would bet that it's far more robust than a single gene controlling humidity requirements and that it would be no harder to find the right balance than for most other pure species snakes.

Im totally neutral on the subject as i am still new to the whole breeding and cross breeding etc. however personally think the snakes can look very beautiful!

Pretty sure I'm on the record as not condoning species or even sub species crosses even though some of them look outstanding but I think your statement is a little extreme. I would bet that it's far more robust than a single gene controlling humidity requirements and that it would be no harder to find the right balance than for most other pure species snakes.
Its good to see someone who may not necessarily agree with hybrids thinking logically!

They will only be hitting the black market in QLD hornet. If you ring the QLD epa and ask them if you can cross two different speices [not sub sub-species] anyone of the girls on the end of the line will tell you, its a no no. no no no no nono

it doesnt matter what the girls on the phone tell you, they are well known for telling you 10 different thing if you talk to 10 different people, its whats written in the legislation thats what matters and i dont think its black and white. Anyway from what i have been told its not coastal x jungle the are worries about or even gtp x coastal but things like woma x coastal or spotted x bhp. Anyway its something i dont think they care too much about and i doubt they would go after people for keeping or breeding them but more a thing they would use if they busted you for something else just to bring the full extent of the law down on your

did a quick search of carpondros n this thread popped up

interesting to see what everyone thinks of the subject. i personally dont see nothing wrong with people crossing snakes to introduce new lines or new breeds.

75% Carpondro (GTP) i found this link and i love the one in the pics there! it does look amazing!

everyones got their own ways of doing things, nobody will ever agree to anything at the end of the day, its personal preference. do your bit as a keeper and do what you think is right.

i don't find them particularly interesting at this point but i will say they could help increase the hobby to the masses, so many people would rather a gtp over a spotted (talking about people not yet in the hobby, but i guess that applies to many in the hobby too!) people in general like bright pretty things, my concern with that is only this, why are they getting the snake in the first place? is it to show off or will they treasure it like an animal they will keep for 20 yrs?

did a quick search of carpondros n this thread popped up interesting to see what everyone thinks of the subject. i personally dont see nothing wrong with people crossing snakes to introduce new lines or new breeds.
everyones got their own ways of doing things, nobody will ever agree to anything at the end of the day, its personal preference. do your bit as a keeper and do what you think is right.

In some states it's against the law.

Its sure is. Queensland is one of them. We are lucky enough to be allowed to keep jags and other mutation if people start doing this it might incriminate us all.

heres are few pic for u

Attachments

• jagpondro1yearold008.jpg
    jagpondro1yearold008.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 161
  • JAGPONDRO2.jpg
    JAGPONDRO2.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 141
  • jagpondro3800.jpg
    jagpondro3800.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 106
  • jagpondro6800.jpg
    jagpondro6800.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 94
Scrub jags, Albino scrubs, rough greens, noway not for me not worth the risk to native stock

I facepalm to your comment.... Albino scrubs? thats not a cross.... And how does having a hybrid effect your native stock?

Centerlink... there is such this as a pure albino scrub python lol

Things like this are just pure destruction of perfectly good natural species. I would take an Aussie green everyday of the year over that monstrosity

D3Pro, Iv'e heard rumours this albino scrub may not be a full albino animal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back