Introducing Sabrina and Jasper

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantazmic

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hie everyone

A huge thankyou to Roger Lester (Rogers Reptiles) I have just received my beautiful baby snakes from him I have decided to name Sabrina and Jasper. I am posting the pics he took of them to send me....over the coming days I will take some more....as I am just giving them some jasper2.jpgtime to settle in. sabrina.jpg I am so pleased with them...they are so tiny and I know I will have a lot of pleasure watching them grow !!

Here they are.........

jasper.jpg

I am so happy with them and you wont beleive how tiny they are...just 10 weeks old......the smallest hatchies I have ever had....they look so small I cant even imagine them eating fuzzy mice lol....

Thanks Roger they have settled in like they have always lived here and very calm after their long plane flight to melbourne

Today is dinner time......I am expecting two hungry little hippos lol

Elizabeth

Tahlia I am so happy with them they are just so calm

I expected lots of tagging and they just look at me so settled......no going and hiding away up on their dowels as if they are grown up snakes

They ahve just had their first feed of two fuzzy mice....and would have had a third if id let them....but I think they just need to take it slowly with settling in....if they are still hungry in a couple of days they can always have a third one then

I feel really set now I have my two lovely SXR line Ahtertons and now these two line bred Tully's so I just have to be patient now.....

I love my jungles..........ill end up with the nickname Jungle Jane....maybe thats what I should change my nick to that lol

Tell me how is your lovely big coastal going the one you rescued that was in the pet shop

Elizabeth

They are both amazing but that female may be the craziest jungle I have ever seen! I cant understand why Roger would even part with such a trophy specimen. It looks like its "melting"

Nick

I know Nick

I feel so lucky to have them and he has told me when they are finally old enough to be put together the babies patterning will be even better.....and I have three to four years to wait before they are old enough for babies....i dont know how I will wait that long !!

She's doing well, putting on weight slowly but surely. She loves her food, but I just wish she would move away from her urine instead of sitting in it! I have to give her a bath when she does that, and she hates it. Last time she struggled and wrapped around the side of the bath not wanting to get in. The good part is that she's never got aggressive with me... a bite from her would hurt! Here's a recent pic:

Attachments

• Huge meal2.jpg
    Huge meal2.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 51
wow she has grown

I bet she knows you care for her !!

I am lucky mine dont seem to lie in their wee...thank goodness

would a damp towel clean her up a bit ?

Elizabeth

I never even thought of a damp towel... I think she would appreciate that a lot more. Good idea :) She was very excited about her food last night, grabbed it and coiled, but she normally doesn't do that. Despite her enthusiasm, it still took her about half an hour to figure out which end she should attempt to eat it from. Lol :D

Unreal jungles, can we see some pics of the ones you kept then Roger.

Yes I didn't think to ask that if these are the ones roger let me have imagine how magnificent his keepers must be !!

Thanks for the comments guys .
I will keep a trio of 1 male and 2 females from that clutch .
All are in shed mode at the moment and i will post pics of them after they shed.
Heres the last pic i took of the male im keeping
IMG_0759.jpg

Heres a photo of some of the nicer ones just after they hatched out .
IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back