Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the signage on the way in 'Sydney Reptile Expo -->'. I thought that was the name of Stimmo's shows? Kinda thought it was playing off his previous years success's. Lots of Anteresia's for sale. Peter Birch and Snakeranch probably had the best sellers setups. Arrived at 11.30 AM and my mate and I could not get anywhere near the breeder's tables at first. Bit dissapointed some regular stores weren't present, noticably The Reptile Shop and Reptiles Inc. Pete at Reptiles Inc always gives 110% at these expos in my opinion and a few people commented he wasn't there. Numbers quietened down about from 1pm onwards, but by then i'm guessing better quality herps had been snatched up. Lots of new people getting into the hobby, good to see familiar faces too. Went in not knowing what to expect, was surprised at how busy it was, not a bad day out. I'm sure Extreme Pets and Adrian Hemens made a killing from it all.

I enjoyed the expo and I thought that most sellers had quite reasonable prices on the animals available. But for my interest (monitors) the show was a HUGE letdown in that regard. There was only ONE monitor for sale at the expo - a yearling Lace Monitor (at $300 was reasonably priced and snapped up within the first hour). 3 Ridgetails on display at the Kellyville stall and NOTHING ELSE for varanid lovers. Can't wait for the other upcoming expos - hopefully many more goannas at those.

Dunno who won door prize. Hope it was me, but I think the bloke who said he got himself seven tickets might have a better chance :D

Sunblast was the name a breeder gave to some different looking Tennant creek stimsons, that apparently breed true. They were a bright yellow ground colour with maroon markings, very hot. Not for sale this year, display only, so no price.

did anyone happen to get some pics of the sunblast if so show us show us

I am sure the person who won the door prize wouldn't think the show was a let down. Lucky person. I thought it was good but could have been spaced out more considering the vacant space.

Thanks for the pic Smithers!! Thats the one.

I know people always say it, but it did look even better in person, the markings were more reddish than they look there.

I thought the show was good. Was trying to convince my wife to let me bring home a new snake but no luck yet. We were very busy most of the time and happy with the interest. I promised myself I'd take some time to go and check out the expo this time and got to see some cool snakes.

well i thought it was great. was really looking forward to it and got a lot out of it (a new baby blue tongue as well :p)

we got there when it opened and as a result was able to get a good look at all the animals without being too squished. looking forward to seeing it get bigger and bigger :)

I think it was great. You have to remember that many of the 'self rightious'who were major players in the frog and reptile show boycotted this one. What they need to understand is that the shows are for the reptile enthusiasts not for the money grabbers. They have committed suicide anyway putting it on with the easter show, no one can sell it is just for PR. Im not fighting the crowds at easter and paying $100 entry. I think this show for its first was fantastic. Remember the first FRS. at Darling Harbour. It was 25% of this one. Good work hope more shows are planned, shame Macarthur didnt have one. I met lots of friends had a great time networking. Book me a table for next year

There's just something about considering purchasing an animal in a chinese container that isnt quite right....

Overall I think the organisers did a good job....Top venue! I think next year will bring a few surprises! :D

>You have to remember that many of the 'self rightious'who were major players in the frog and reptile show boycotted this one.<
If your referring to retail outlets when you refer to Major players, you have to remember it was organised by Extreme Pets, therefore would be silly to invite retail competition. Smart move on their part.
If your referring to people helping out/breeders/etc boycotting, perhaps they didn't want to support a commercial venture that only benefitted a pet shop as opposed to supporting a Herpetological Society event. I noticed one of the prominant Herpetolical Societies did not have a stall there.
Also Macherps have bigger things to worry about right now, such as getting their bookwork up to scratch, before attempting another show. Maybe some new blood in their committee can sort this out, and get back to the stage they were at 3 years ago?

I thought the expo was good. there was a good turnout of people. some stunning animals on display and for sale.

Cant Wait to get me a SUNBURST. Awesome looking stimmo congratulations to the breeder.

I thought the expo was good. there was a good turnout of people. some stunning animals on display and for sale.

Cant Wait to get me a SUNBURST. Awesome looking stimmo congratulations to the breeder.

Thank you for the compliments hopefully there will be some sunburst's for sale next year......these have never been offered for sale before.

I think it was great. You have to remember that many of the 'self rightious'who were major players in the frog and reptile show boycotted this one.

Really!! Are you sure you know who these supposed 'major players' are? because I'm sure I saw at least 80% of them there...with a stall and in one case, 2 stalls....
Was a great show...a lot busier than I expected and a huge range of animals on offer...well run & setup...Congrats to the organisers...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back