Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it is early in the year, not all animals are eating. some are still hatching. so that makes it hard to have them available for sale.

Exactly what I have said about the Victorian Expo, its too early, let the hatchies establish themselves, I just hope that it does well next weekend for the sake of the survival of it....my suggestion to organizers of such events is to hold it later in the year...end of March/April, get a variety of demonstrators to come in and provide some childrens entertainment, let them display their wares free of charge, so long as they are not selling animals or products.

Really!! Are you sure you know who these supposed 'major players' are? because I'm sure I saw at least 80% of them there...with a stall and in one case, 2 stalls....
Was a great show...a lot busier than I expected and a huge range of animals on offer...well run & setup...Congrats to the organisers...:)

Indeed! Even the promoter of the Wild Expo was in attendance showing his support.

If today was boycotted by anyone get over yourselves.
It's fantastic that people are prepared to put in the effort to stage an event like this, and if it's a success they deserve to make a buck for it.
If the reason some societies didn't come was because it was a privately run event those societies need new committee members.
Events like this do a great deal to promote the hobby, and with the threats the hobby is facing we should all be doing what we can to support events like this.

The show was a great effort for a first time.

The main thing I found disappointing was snakeranch not bothering to display some of their new morphs...even an albino spotted would have been nice to see considering they were selling hets for $3000ea.

there was more at the cambrigde park one last year, with the side shows, snakes on display for the contest, elapids not as much to look at, it will only get better with time. just thought there would be more

I thought it was good.My only problem was looking at animal stalls with the crowd.I believe instead of dividing the crowded livestock areas from the less crowded product stalls mix them up together and spread them out a bit.There seemed to be a bit of extra space down the back where the products were.I agree with others that it was possibly a bit early in year in regards to available offspring,and also even though im not interested in them where were all the jags?

yea i thought the same. nothin to interesting. i got me an albino and a het but was nothing out of the ordinary.
Nothing to interest.. just bought an albino. Not out of the ordinary....

Count yourself very lucky.

Nothing to interest.. just bought an albino. Not out of the ordinary....

Count yourself very lucky.

Albino's are pretty darn common now and are becoming quite cheap, i really hope they were not the most interesting animals at the expo

well i think that it would have been great and that is great to have these shows in our sydney area. I sadly could not go and really wish i could have.
We need more of these shows.

I thought it was a great show..... and my missus is another one waiting for the SUNBURST to come on sale.

The only things I didn't like were, the place was to packed.... I guess the organiser didn't expect that many people or they would have booked a place with more car parks. And the tables were too close together..... it was way too difficult to the breeders tables to buy. After a couple of hours it settled down and I ended up making some buys.

i loved it, yeah it was my first but i still had fun. only thing is that it was crowded and with kids it is difficult to get them a look at stuff properly, but live and learn and next time the kids can walk and i will leave the stroller at home!

i think it was well planned. no shortage of food. plenty of seating. i think that the expo running over just the 1 day was great.
personally i think that late march would be ideal for any expo. although u cant have them all too close together. they just wouldnt be successful. all in all. well done to all who played part in planning and who got involved.
dare i say, best expo so far.

The show was a great effort for a first time.

The main thing I found disappointing was snakeranch not bothering to display some of their new morphs...even an albino spotted would have been nice to see considering they were selling hets for $3000ea.

I would really really have liked to see one too. . .

All in all, the show was a great success, had a great time and was great to catch up with online friends!

I couldn't be happier with the $300 RSP i got, she's a little champ!

anything special ?

Anything special??? mate, you missed out on some AMAZING womas!!! ever heard of a 'pygmy WA woma'? I hadn't! BUT it's OK, it turns out i have 11 of them... incredible!

let me explain: First, you take some BOODARIE womas, dont feed them nearly enough to get any decent size on them, breed them young and SMALL and then sell them to unsuspecting customers as 'pygmy WA womas'! Don't forget to have a small sub-adult on the table claiming it to be the 'FULLY GROWN adult male that fathered the clutch', that parts the money maker!

went for a walk around, loads of people, some kids will not sleep tonight.:evil: The dude with the 2 birds got the ****s, when people started touching the birds.

I can't sleep and same as last night.

Ben

Anything special??? mate, you missed out on some AMAZING womas!!! ever heard of a 'pygmy WA woma'? I hadn't! BUT it's OK, it turns out i have 11 of them... incredible!

let me explain: First, you take some BOODARIE womas, dont feed them nearly enough to get any decent size on them, breed them young and SMALL and then sell them to unsuspecting customers as 'pygmy WA womas'! Don't forget to have a small sub-adult on the table claiming it to be the 'FULLY GROWN adult male that fathered the clutch', that parts the money maker!

Oh no...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back