What is an intergrade, hybrid and natural hybrid

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Please delete

Mistake, sorry for the uneducated garbage

Last edited:
It shouldn't be a sticky. There is already a sticky for terms and abreviations and we've all seen how many people look to that!

There already is a sticky for "what is an intergrade" and "what is a hybrid" in Herp Help

There is already a sticky for this topic...... i think it was done by Sdaji?

Hornet, can you let me know what your references are as well please.

Cheers.

Hornet instead of having a tanty in my user reputation sherriffs badge doodah because i don't like you idea, why don't you post what you have to say about what i said publicly.

After this is a discussion forum.

I suspect we are going to see plenty more of these 'helpful' threads with this new user rating system.....:):):)

"intergrades are the intermediate form between 2 species"

Doesnt this describe a hybrid?

As far as i knew any mixture between 2 different sub species was a hybrid?

Dont wanna buy into a fight, just not sure i understand..

I suspect we are going to see plenty more of these 'helpful' threads with this new user rating system.....:):):)

I get the feeling that that is exactly what is going on here when the 'revenge' negative rep reason is 'yes they have stickies but only one has intergrade in the title' :rolleyes:

No tanty mate, was just returning the favour :). All i am going by is 1. The definition of intergrade and 2. What port macs, ie. intergrades, are believed to be, put 2 and 2 together and you get that intergrades are the intermediate form between 2 species, not the result of a hybrid. No i dont have any particular references to this term in herpetology but i cant see why it would be different to normal? If you have any references that say reptiles intergrades are different to what i have said i would love to see them.

I'm not arguing with you against the terminology. I'm asking you to make a reliable reference for what you are saying and, as it appears at the moment, you can't. No one with half a brain would accept what you are saying without either a reference or if you had some kind of expertise in this area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back