baby blue tongue lizard

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

suburbia

Reaction score
Hi, I caught my kitten with a baby blue tongue earlier. It's alive but it's just staying in the same place. I don't know if its injured. Is it better to leave it alone or try to catch it and put it in a box maybe until it's older? We have an adult blue tongue living in the garden too but the kitten doesn't try anything with it. We've locked her inside for now, but can't really keep her in all the time. Thanks.

legally you cant keep the lizard but it would suck if the cat got it. you could relocate it to the bush, might have a better chance there.

If it hasn't move it is injured so take it to a vet or ring your local Wildlife rescue group.

Hi, I caught my kitten with a baby blue tongue earlier. .... We've locked her inside for now, but can't really keep her in all the time. Thanks.

It would be great if cats /kittens were kept in the house all the time. :) have you thought of building a cat run?

:cry: Domestic cats currently kill about 100 million native animals per year in Australia and feral cats and foxes do even more damage.

"On average, a domestic cat kills 16 mammals, 8 birds and 8 reptiles a year according to an Australia-wide survey." :(Department of Environment and Natural Resources - Home

build an outdoor inclosure for the cat.... or find a lacie to play with your kitten.....hehehe

Do what Peter said take it to the vets as they won't charge you as it being a native animal you might have to remind the vet tho just in case he's trying to pull a swifty on you for a bit of pocket money so to speak hopefully IT doesn't go down that path tho.
Cheers Deano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back