New Ackie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be there selling accies from 3 different clutches - two larger clutches are quite mature and there are 3 from a recent hatching that are also doing very well but they are a bit smaller.

I will hold one back for Reptile Rookie.

Not having a go but come on guys alittle common sense here...... where in australia do you see the temp hitting 60 degrees?????? 40 degree heat is enough.... mine are hypo active at that...

Not having a go but come on guys alittle common sense here...... where in australia do you see the temp hitting 60 degrees?????? 40 degree heat is enough.... mine are hypo active at that...
not having ago back ;), but on a 40 degrees day basking rocks will get a fair bit hotter then 40 in the wild . i love the " in the wild " term when it comes to cages animals :lol:

not having ago back ;), but on a 40 degrees day basking rocks will get a fair bit hotter then 40 in the wild . i love the " in the wild " term when it comes to cages animals :lol:

sorry my thermo takes air temp...... it is not layed on a rock.....

basking in the sun will easily get to 60C...if the accies are hot enough they will move away.

uh oh, i measured my air temp (the probe was sitting just on the retes stack (not actually touching the tile)) and it was 52? Is that ok?

that should be fine. Just keep an eye on him and if he is right under the basking lamp then maybe try and bump it up a little. If he is under cover then he is too hot! They should be ok though... They are made to regulate their heat so as long as there is a good temp gradient he will be fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back