Paid for stock but not recieved, anything i can do?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Ok its been over 2 years since i purchased some spiders off a well reputed breeder, for a good year and a half i was given a number of excuses why i didnt get what i paid for but now i cant even get in touch with him. He does run a business (or used to at least) selling invertebrates and fish to pet shops but this was a private transaction, is there anything at all i can do or just accept the loss?

Depending on how much money you spent, I would cut my losses, as you would know there are a few dodgy people out there, and if he has gone out of business maybe that's why. If you report it to the coppers they prob would just say the same thing.

That's seriously annoying! I dunno, I guess I'm just stubborn. I'd be still trying to hunt him down and hassle him about it...at every opportunity! I hate it when you pay for something in good faith, and then someone ruins that faith. Luckily I haven't had something like this happen to me...but I'd be mighty annoyed if it did! Good luck

even if i cant actually do something i would at least like to have something ligit sounding to threaten him with to mayb get him to get his act together

Tough break hornet, sucks that these things happen.

If the deal etc. was done via phone calls and paid in cash you really have nothing to help you in this sort of situation as phone logs/history will not be classed as proof/evidence.

How ever if you have proof such as written/emailed conversations discussing the purchased goods, as well as proof that he agreed to refund/replace the item(s) and you have a way of contacting the seller then I would get in touch with a lawyer and see what can be done.

This sort of thing happens a lot but you'll be surprised at the percentage of people who actually come out on top.

NB: Another thing to remember is the cost of making this a legal matter.. Is what you paid for the item(s) really worth the money/time that will get put into taking this to court etc.

Just something to think about... Anyway good luck mate

Small claims court. You can google and find what you need to do to drag them through. Start out by writing a letter of demand and take it from there. At least he might pay up. Have had to do it myself a couple of times.

The guy he is talking about is only a little mummys boy, even john could take him. This still the guy who shares my first name your talking about? I reckon drill him.

Cheers
Steve

The guy he is talking about is only a little mummys boy, even john could take him. This still the guy who shares my first name your talking about? I reckon drill him.

Cheers
Steve

Yes you know him steve lol

maybe he needed the money? I hope this helps.......
hahahaha

Rednut is right, the first (legal) course of action is to serve him with a formal letter of demand for payment.

Small claims court. You can google and find what you need to do to drag them through. Start out by writing a letter of demand and take it from there. At least he might pay up. Have had to do it myself a couple of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back