Keeping herps in the brigalow belt?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
I'm possibly moving out the brigalow belt region near dalby in a matter of weeks. Apart from the change in temps and humidity are there any other factors i would need to take into consideration with keeping my herps out there or should it be no different to living on the coast?

Out here is not usually as humid as the coast Hornet, just seems that way lately. The winters will be much colder than the coast.

Out here is not usually as humid as the coast Hornet, just seems that way lately. The winters will be much colder than the coast.

in a way i think the cold winters would be great with inducing some of the plants i grow into flowering, some of them need the cool winters which we dont get here

Nope, Just some people i know out there, junkies who would steal your underwear off the clothesline if they thought they could sell it to get a hit of just about anything. They've also been broken into and bashed and rolled a few times.

I'm possibly moving out the brigalow belt region near dalby in a matter of weeks. Apart from the change in temps and humidity are there any other factors i would need to take into consideration with keeping my herps out there or should it be no different to living on the coast?

there is more critters to see while out :LOL:

Now that you mention it Trogdor... I remember there was a spate of underwear theft about 3 years ago lol. Druggies happen in all locations though.

Just in my yard I've had blind snakes, browns, blue tongues (a huge female and loads of babies), beardies, water dragons, centepedes, all manner of spiders including a funnelweb (0.o), loads of GTF's, Marsh Frogs and others I'm not able to identify and a wide variety of birdlife. We only live on an average house block in town but we don't use pesticides or herbicides so our yard is fairly animal friendly.

Just in my yard I've had blind snakes, browns, blue tongues (a huge female and loads of babies), beardies, water dragons, centepedes, all manner of spiders including a funnelweb (0.o), loads of GTF's, Marsh Frogs and others I'm not able to identify and a wide variety of birdlife. We only live on an average house block in town but we don't use pesticides or herbicides so our yard is fairly animal friendly.

do you get shinglebacks out there?

Yes ive seen heaps of shingels in dalby

i have been told they are meant to be fairly common out there but i have never seen one no matter how many times i have been out there

I've see Shinglebacks on the roads and in the bush but not in my yard. Shame - I'd like one of them, they have attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back