New Tree Snakes!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
$200 each.
Before other people start to question I know for a fact that they aren't wild caught and are feeding!
Very very happy!

Last edited:
Are they feeding on rodents or still on fish. I am contemplating getting one myself.

I know of a few people who have them...

They are common in captivity now, just some people dont persist in them due to some stuborness to weaning onto mice...

Good on ya, id be happy with a couple too,,, you could do heaps in a tank set up too to make it a great spectacle

They're feeding on fish, hatchlings won't take pinkie, there literally shoe lace sized.

Yer they are common in captivity just hard to find someone who breeds them and arn't spoken for.
The two I got last year took a few weeks to wean on to rodents and it really wasnt hard at all.
but then again that was only two snakes.

They're future tank will be exactly that Najanaja, Epic!
That's what that glass was for!

Last edited:
Can't wait for pics. I think as they would be my first coloubrid that if I got them I would buy them feeding on pinkys. But you have experience.

excellent, bout time you got them. $200 is a bloody good score aswell, pics, pics, pics lol

They're Dendrelaphis punctulata or Common Tree Snakes.
They generally get about 4-5 ft but my friend Simon who relocates around has seen some whoppers about 6 ft and thick!

Yes these guys are my favorite snake to keep especially compared to pythons that just seem to sit there, these fellas move around and hunt!
Sorry about the poor quality, after hatchy season I'm poor and can't afford a good camera haha.

16022011959.jpg

16022011958.jpg

These guys have a black father and blue mother that was produced by a blue phase as well.

My one from last year is showing some great colours, it's underside is turning blue and it's spreading upwards!

they are the perfect escape artist too....

so anyone thinking of keeping them better make ste thetank is perfectly secure...

nice little snakes Jannico

Thanks mate.

Fish tanks are a bad idea for these snakes. You need a proper enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back