Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to tomorrow, I've gone to every single one.

Huge thanks to the VHS for putting it on this year...

With any luck it will be a huge success & become a guaranteed annual expo.

(Best of luck to all the vendors/sellers :p)

As they normally do and every man and his dog has a play with them on the day
not my idea of good QA

I'm sure anybody who is about to hand over their hard earned cash will want to handle the animal in question. I know at the last expo some sellers (including Pailsforscales) handed out F10 hand wipes.

I'm sure anybody who is about to hand over their hard earned cash will want to handle the animal in question. I know at the last expo some sellers (including Pailsforscales) handed out F10 hand wipes.

Great idea with the wipes!

I personally wont buy anything (especially snakes) if I am not able to handle them first.

We just finished setting up the ProHerp stand. The place is looking great. There are some really big stalls this year and the range of products and animals is fantastic. Anybody bringing Accies down or Storrs drop into the ProHerp stand and let us know.

Of course people want to hold a new reptile before purchasing it! I really don"t think too many people here would have purchased any of their reptiles just looking at it through some glass or a plastic holding container.In a personal collection of course it is easy to control who handles an animal,but really how does a breeder or commercial seller able to control so called QA? Buying/selling any reptiles from any level of keeper is going to have associated risks but are the chances of something severe happening really that much of a possibility?Not that i don"t like Roy"s F10 policy from previous expos but what is it really going to prevent from happening.

Of course people want to hold a new reptile before purchasing it! I really don"t think too many people here would have purchased any of their reptiles just looking at it through some glass or a plastic holding container.In a personal collection of course it is easy to control who handles an animal,but really how does a breeder or commercial seller able to control so called QA? Buying/selling any reptiles from any level of keeper is going to have associated risks but are the chances of something severe happening really that much of a possibility?Not that i don"t like Roy"s F10 policy from previous expos but what is it really going to prevent from happening.

Thats what those of us experienced enough call quarantine, house animals completely seperate to existing collection for quite a period of time.

We have and do practice a no handling policy as we dont want the many hands
"playing" with animals on every stand they visit!

We do sell our reptiles to those that do understand and appreciate the fact that dozens of people have not been pawing at the snakes before they are purchased!

My post was not looking for a public debate on the issue of Quarantine.I am merely stating that expo's held over the country are great for the industry and i don't believe that people should be turned off going to them and purchasing a new animal due to a high risk of QA.

Thats what those of us experienced enough call quarantine, house animals completely seperate to existing collection for quite a period of time.

We have and do practice a no handling policy as we dont want the many hands
"playing" with animals on every stand they visit!

We do sell our reptiles to those that do understand and appreciate the fact that dozens of people have not been pawing at the snakes before they are purchased!

I would be more than happy to purchase an animal from you without having handled it.

I'd never buy a reptile that has been handled by every man and his dog, especially with the likes of OPMV, IBD and who knows what else floating around.

Anyway I hope it's a great day with a good turn out.

I think that it's very important that the people who are going to handle reptiles at the expo be very careful upon returning home to your own reptiles...

It's probably a wise idea for sellers not to let everyone handle their reptiles at the same time, it's difficult to expect certain keepers to purchase without handling..

The last thing anyone want's is to spread disease & contaminate your pets/collection.
If you become blasé or complacent you're asking for trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back