Got Bonsai's?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hazza

Reaction score
Here are my small bonsais, im only just getting started, any tips or advice is very appriciated.. now your turn,, up-load yours !! :)

Harrison
BONMSAI 031.jpg
this one im not sure what type of tree it is,, could you hepl?

Attachments

• BONMSAI 029.jpg
    BONMSAI 029.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 154
  • BONMSAI 030.jpg
    BONMSAI 030.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 157
remember to keep them away from heat sources, i made the mistake when i moved to leav them on the same side of the new house but the got all the elements and lost 15 plants only to 2 big 25/30 year old figs remain... partial sunlight in summer and winter but summer keep them cool............... cant find a pic on here might have to go take one

thanks for the advice, and it would be great to see your bonsai's of your big ones:)

id love to get into them but i have no idea where to start!! Yours are very nice :)

Is the last one a Japanese Maple or something? It looks the same as mine :)

Will

yer the last one is a japanese mapel.. and noo way mine aren't nice their noly from bunnings haha,

the maple are hard to keep here coz the need to be kept kinda cool
i have never had the success, i preferred getting a 15-20 dollar potted conifer and making it onto a semi wicked bonsai with out al the time wasting

is there a community of people or forum on bonsai? Anything around the illawarra region?

Love Bonsai trees, anyone ever seen Bonsai Aussie Hardwood trees?. How cool would it be to have mini Spotted Gum.

Love Bonsai trees, anyone ever seen Bonsai Aussie Hardwood trees?. How cool would it be to have mini Spotted Gum.

I was going to try that when i was into them, but it would take to long and i dont have the time.

Ben

does anyone know if the aussies are on the market atm for reasonable prices?? they look insane (for a bonsai)

There is a guy who comes to the Maitland markets, i think he is from Woolongong and he has some amazing Bonsai trees. Well worth the look if you are near Maitland. Markets are @ showground 1st sunday of the month.

look up bonsai clubs in your area, they are the best source of semi-mature trees. They are as addictive as herps though so be warned. I have spend thousands over the years and killed almost al of them when we moved to northern australia from Melbourne, the only ones i have left are ficus they thrive on humidity, also look in the back corners of older nurseries as they tend to shunt old stock into the far back corners, you can pick up some awesome trees 10 + yo for next to nicks if you look hard and prune hard.

right on man. Sounds really cool. Might have to check it out on my day off.

after all this time here is one of my bonsai 25yo fig in the original pot, i removed several smaller figs from the base as they werent doing well after moving but its thriving again
bonsai fig.jpg
sorry bout being sideways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back