Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
only managed to go for the last 2 hours, picked up 2 ackies for $300 and a bredli for $100, rather content although when home noticed the bredli had a little bit of retained shed on the tip of its tail, its nothing to bad and il be able to get it off easily (i hope)

Bargain wish i grabbed the trio of tawny dragons for $250 however i caught public transport in :S

lt sure looks like it was crowded at the VHS Reptile Expo, l did not go at all cause l had to be somewhere else today not to worrie, even if l was free to go l would not have gone to the reptile expo at all, it just does not interest me one bit and l have not once been nor will l in the future.

l'm lucky that l can get clear reflector globes and party light globes and NEC T10 UV tubes at wholesale prices, to keep all my Reptiles warm day and night and make sure they get UVA & UVB, and l can get rats or mice and insects very cheap aswell, so why do l need to waste my time going to any reptile expo to waste my hard earn money, by not going l still have my money in the bank rather than someone else having it in their pocket.

Those who did go hope you and your family and friends all had a good time why you were there, least the weather was fine and sunny for a good day out with family and friends, what more could you ask for.

Geez, this is almost word for word what you were moaning about in another thread!
Dude, build a bridge!

Well I thought the Expo was terrific... so glad I made the trip (4 hours each way).
Some amazing animals on display, and some nice ones for sale too.
Was hoping to pick up a Gidgee Skink or two but didn't see any Egernias at all! Spewin!
An amazing range of Geckos there too... I'm not into Geckos as such, but boy I was tempted today!
Well organized Expo but lacked space in walkways is my only gripe.
Managed to pick up some beautiful Green Tree Frogs :)
Thanks to all for an amazing day!

Can't wait for the next one.

Last edited:
The guys at Proherp were really good, awesome prices.
I bought a 5foot black melamine tank, and a big hide.
Didn't pay full price (unfortunately), my sister/brother in-law/dad/mum all tried to bargain.
I got a $330 tank and a $20 hide for $310.

I went and had fun dragging the boyfriend around lol :) he was a good pack mule for me hahaha
ended up with 2 yearling bredli and two hatchie central beardeds.

I thought that the expo was fantastic. It has improved greatly on the previous expos. The venue was much larger, which enabled the stallholders to be a bit more spreadout, with a larger number of stallholders. It was very family oriented with a large number of youngsters pulling their mums and dads all over the place.
I was pleased to see a few of the old faces still around, and was sad that Neil Sonnieman is retiring from breeding herps, and in turn was happy that I got a great deal on some of his animals!!

Anyway guys and gals, I hope that everyone else had a great time and got some great deals!!
Cheers Ross.

The guys at Proherp were really good, awesome prices.
I bought a 5foot black melamine tank, and a big hide.
Didn't pay full price (unfortunately), my sister/brother in-law/dad/mum all tried to bargain.
I got a $330 tank and a $20 hide for $310.
+1..I think I spent more money there than anywhere else.
Go Proherp

l'm lucky that l can get clear reflector globes and party light globes and NEC T10 UV tubes at wholesale prices, to keep all my Reptiles warm day and night and make sure they get UVA & UVB, and l can get rats or mice and insects very cheap aswell
mate it just sounds like your trying to make your self sound like some important reptile guy by braging that you can get stuff cheap when i bet atleast 75% of people on here can get stuff cheap as well and i have seen 2 post of yours in this thread saying you can get stuff cheap so is it just me or does it sound like he is braging about him self. but glad to hear it was a great expo post some pics of your pick ups for us to see

The Expo was fantastic, a little crowded but it was good to see, I came home with an arm full of goodies and am looking forward to next year.:D

I thought the expo was fantastic - I didn't go but managed to sell off 90% of my hatchies & a lot of green tree frogs - only realy have enough gtf's left to fill orders now.

It was great to catch up with some of the old school boys that are responsable for the beautiful lines we have today. Was concerned about some nocturnal burrowings species being kept in small bare enclosures all day.

Was a great day. Agreed about it being crowded, which is good! only let down was the $176 fine i got on the train for forgetting to have my concession card on me.. oh well i guess a day wasted in court lol.

Damn shame we missed it this year....unfortunately some of us had to work....lol
Would have been good to come and look around for a change instead of being stuck in a display all day.

All things going well, we will be there next year with bells on....and our new regs should be in force so will be able to buy a few animals to bring home to Tassie.....YAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back