Generation disrespectful?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i tend to think most kids these days are being handed anything they want when they want it and its created a generation where its all about 'me' and its creating an era where they have no respect for themselves which in turns leads to them not respecting anyone else and they know they can get away with virtually anything because even the law gives them an excuse to do anything they want with very little in the way of repercussions

they have RIGHTS unfortunately they arent being taught the responsibility that goes with those rights and you cant even tell them no or criticise then in school these days, ive heard teachers can no longer tell them their school work (if they do it) is wrong anymore because you might stifle their creativity which in turn could have them spending years in therapy and being told its all their parents/societies fault they are the way they are

the worst thing they have ever done is taken the right of the cops to charge them with obscene language for swearing in public especially at the elderly, time to bring back on the spot fines for it make a few keep their potty mouths at home

these days they can (for example) do as they like knowing they will only get a slap on the wrist

where i live here i have encountered both ends of the stick, have found most of the kids around here under 13 to be fairly good, respectful, well mannered and polite to everyone then you get the over 13's who are bad, disrespectful, rude and foul mouthed, its like they hit the teens and a switch goes off and flex their wings

i too grew up in a society where we were taught to respect our elders and we got that respect back and we also knew that if we did something wrong we were punished for it, i remember the two worse things as i grew up were having mustard or something similar put on my tongue if i swore and that was for words like damn, etc lol and the other thing that use to pull me in line really quick was 'wait till your father got home' and being given a kick in the **** by anyone other then my parents if i did something wrong

now i am in total agreement with wiping out child abuse but its time to remember there is a difference between smacking a child for doing something wrong AND over use of which in turn becomes child abuse and kids these days KNOW they can have you charged if you 'abuse' them and the law will back them up which is another reason society is failing these days and a lot of parents have kids these days that they really dont want

meet someone and the first thing most want is to have a kid to them like it will guarantee that they will stay together for years or they have a child just for the money

single mothers use to be a rarity, these days its fast becoming a new profession and is in a lot of cases breeding children who are raised by parents who just dont care anymore so long as the child isnt annoying them for anything they dont seem to care what they do or where they go etc, so many kids roam the streets in gangs at night these days and half the parents dont even know where they are

Single mothers were rare when organised religion stole the children.

cyclists tend to use the same path repeatedly. Just wait for him at the same time of day ;)

Im sure ill meet the ar$e clown again, or another similar bloke. North Shore is full of them.

Last edited:
Im so ashamed of most kids out there these days. But i know there are also great kids out there.
I think the lack of disciplin and consequences for actions is to blame. Kids and teenagers know they are untouchable. Too many laws protecting them. If I saw a kid doing the wrong thing, and tried to staop them. I'd be up for assault on a minor, even just grabbing their arm. Such a joke.
I was in Air Force Cadets from age 12, and my parents raised me with morals and respect, for people and animals. But cadets really taught me how out of control the majority of people are.
Kids need structure, they need pysical discipline, and they need stuff to do! If i ever have kids, theyll never have video games or electronic toys. They get kicked out in the yard, climb a tree, build a fort. If you do something wrong, you'll soon know not to do it again.

My brother and I run a newsagency in Salisbury and we're located just in front of a state school. The amount of kids that come through and 'hang out' in front of our shop is unbelievable. It's not the crap they say or do that's hard or annoying, what's hard is the fact that you can't do anything to them and holding back is so SO hard! They just need to sit down and learn some manners! I hate kids these days! gahhh!

I believe the biggest problem is kids being given too many rights by do gooder groups, stopping their parents being able to discipline them.

They no longer have to fear discipline.

It's the law which is ruining social respect in them. And the law that says they can't be charged for an offence under 18.....well don't complain when they commit the offence then! And here's the funny part, then they want to charge the parents when the kids commit crimes!!!

Old enough to do the crime, old enough to do the time! They will learn when they get a leather belt across their butt.

It's not just kids though, I blame a soft-**** society in general for the behaviour and crimes of society now. Bring back the stocks and public floggings. Until then your taxes will be paying for their continual damage.

This is just an example of kids are spoilt brats -

Mother and child are in a shop. Child is having a tantrem about not getting a toy/ice cream/lolly...

Mother - "If you stop screaming, I'll buy you a lolly"

Arghhh! It's so annoying. And it happens all the time... You just want to kick them, and the parents!

I know i'm young but I can not stand the generation below me and even my own generation to a certain extent. I work in a restaurant as a Waiter and once I was working there was this 8ish year old Kid at a table with his 10y/o Brother, and like 20 something year old Sister. When they finished he physically stands up(the 8y/o) and yells at me "Wheres the bill!", his family find it hilarious and start bust out laughing...I mean the whole damn table, his parents...everyone. If that was my kid i would have been so embarrassed and he would have been punished so hard!! I could have gone over there and knocked the little ***** out!

Also the common word to be said every sentence now adays is the C bomb. I dont believe how many of my friends yell it in public and at school. I hear it so much everyday, it just gets old... basically it has lost its meaning to me. Older people from what my dad told me, only ever used that word to shock or if they meant it, rarely any one used it, so you could imagine what they think of kids walking down the street saying it ever 3 words...

I find 40-50 yr old cyclists the most disrespectful. especially the one who thought it was ok to punch my car last week, and then call the cops when i got out lol

Crazy. Just recently a friend of mine told me she was verbally abused by a cyclist when she stopped at the traffic lights, apparently he was not happy with her driving. The traffic was dense enough that he could keep pace with the cars and he followed her for a while, all the way into an undercover carpark. She said he was looked around 40 and pretty tall, she is in her early 20s and about 5'0" so she was understandably intimidated. She didn't get out, she kept driving and he followed her but he didn't follow her all the way the to police station!

My brother and I run a newsagency in Salisbury and we're located just in front of a state school. The amount of kids that come through and 'hang out' in front of our shop is unbelievable. It's not the crap they say or do that's hard or annoying, what's hard is the fact that you can't do anything to them and holding back is so SO hard! They just need to sit down and learn some manners! I hate kids these days! gahhh!
2 Steps;
1/Set up a sound system .
2/ Play Barry Manilow - Manilow used to disperse loitering teenagers in Chch Mall | NATIONAL News

[video=youtube;sTJ7AzBIJoI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTJ7AzBIJoI[/video]

This is a good explanation about you getting old, pay special attention to about 4:15 minutes in.

This is just an example of kids are spoilt brats -

Mother and child are in a shop. Child is having a tantrem about not getting a toy/ice cream/lolly...

Mother - "If you stop screaming, I'll buy you a lolly"

Arghhh! It's so annoying. And it happens all the time... You just want to kick them, and the parents!
and do you know what its like being a parent do you ?

It not the Law thats making kids disrespectful is teachers.
They think that because they have a job for life they can do anything.
They also think that because they are a teacher they can do anything to you and you should respect them no matter what.
Some teachers are decent people and respect the kids, and those are the good teachers that kids respect and ones that they will obey.
Some teachers see kids as money in their pocket and don't care about anything, they dont respect us and because of that, we dont respect them.
Because they dont respect us and we are exposed to a great lack of respect we are taught that respect doesn't matter.

Will

I watched a woman chasing after her (12-13 year old?) son in a shopping centre once screaming
''YOU F**NG LITTLE 'C'!" "I'LL TEACH TO TO SWEAR AT ME!"

Now really, her kids don't have a hope....:shock::rolleyes:

Yeah school has gotten easier over time 4 weeks into year 12 and still no homework. I wonder if thats just me.

But no year 8 is generally when children hit puberty so socially people find it hard.

Crazy. Just recently a friend of mine told me she was verbally abused by a cyclist when she stopped at the traffic lights, apparently he was not happy with her driving. The traffic was dense enough that he could keep pace with the cars and he followed her for a while, all the way into an undercover carpark. She said he was looked around 40 and pretty tall, she is in her early 20s and about 5'0" so she was understandably intimidated. She didn't get out, she kept driving and he followed her but he didn't follow her all the way the to police station!

Mine was some what similar i guess, my angry middle aged man thought i cut him off when i overtook him (as he hindered traffic) and indicated to turn into a side street coming up so i could fill up at a servo, i was no where near hitting him (with car). Yet i watched as he followed me and pulled up on the passenger side and looked at my girl friend and punched her window in line with her face. he was screaming as well, but as soon as i jumped out of the car he ran into the service station screaming for the police to be called hahaha. i grabbed his bike and dragged him out of the doorway as he continued to scream for police to be called. then i went back to filling up my car. i ended up waiting for the police to arrive, lucky i did as he had reported it as an accident. and no doubt he had my rego, but i couldn't obtain his details, so i wanted to stick around for police (and they did arrive) or follow him to his address/away from the numerous service station surveillance cameras.

Too many parents are worried about their "little angel" causing a stir in a store because the parent won't buy them what they want. I work in retail and I openly praise parents that do not give in because I'm sick of seeing parents getting walked all over by a screaming 3 year old that just needs a good smack.

I worked in Pharmacy for years. Just before christmas one year, two young children were chasing each other through the shop (between glass shelves etc).
Mum was oblivious.
I walked up to one of them, bent down down close to her ear, and through clenched teeth said 'if you don't stop running through the shop, Santa won't be coming to you' then walked away.
Never heard a peep from them after that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back