Tell us about your bredli!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slo_fuzz

Reaction score
So at the VHS expo I picked up a gorgeous little 4 month old bredli hatchy, who also happens to be my first snake. It was his extremely placid nature and comfortableness being handled that made the little voice inside me know this was the one.

So come on, tell me about your bredli, it's temperament, and why you think they're so special, or on the contrary, if you own the bredli from hell, share your story!

For me it's placid temperament( not a snappy hatchy in the lot), beautiful coloring and inquisitive nature. I'll post pics asap!

i love my bredli to bits. she is the most placid snake ever, she will always want to come back to me when she is with other people. extremely affectionate nature. they are a great snake and very simple to look after. here are a few picks of my girl "skittles" she is three now.
Picture 109.jpg Picture 121.jpg Picture 116.jpg

She's absolutely gorgeous, my little guy looks slot like her, just smaller. Skittles is such a cute name.

My little boy was really scared when he was younger hes the most awesome snake :) hes about 11 months. 100_2259.jpg100_2255.jpg
pencil.png

my two are great also my first snakes got them from baden and couldnt be happier with them

Attachments

• 8-12-2010 041.JPG
    8-12-2010 041.JPG
    280 KB · Views: 64
  • 8-12-2010 049.JPG
    8-12-2010 049.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 8-12-2010 048.JPG
    8-12-2010 048.JPG
    300.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 8-12-2010 017.JPG
    8-12-2010 017.JPG
    315.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 8-12-2010 018.JPG
    8-12-2010 018.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 70
i picked up my 2 year old female bredli a week ago today :D she's beautiful and eats like a demon :D she's quite cage defensive though, she never tries to bite but hisses very loudly and tried to make you cower in fear haha :D she cant get me to back down though lol :D

My Bredl's is definitely the calmest snake in my collection, never bites, eats like a pro and never causes me any problems.

Moloch80.jpg

Moloch90.jpg

Moloch95.jpg

I have two Bredli, I bought them a few years ago as a pair to breed but it turns out they are both female! One is bigger then the other, with the smaller one being just under 8ft. I have sold the smaller female and will probably hang onto the larger one as she is huge, over 8ft and has a real demeanour about her. I don't handle either of them much as I have to many snakes, though they do get a run on the grass in the sun occasionally.

They are the only species I have that freak out if taken outside to the point of freezing and staying dead still. This is the point that I carefully pick them up and put them back in their enclosure. The larger one has another interesting way of letting me know she has had enough. She starts grabbing me with her tail, and if you don't avoid this grabbing and she locks you on, guess what's coming!

Here's photos of the small one.

Attachments

• 200120111078.jpg
    200120111078.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 200120111075.jpg
    200120111075.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 118
gorgeous Bredli everyone :)

My girl is the most placid snake I have, she feeds like a trooper. I have never had a problem with her, she has only struck at me once, but that was because I smelt like rat. :lol: I can't wait until she gets bigger. At the moment, she's just hit over 6ft. I've got to bulk her up a bit more though, so hopefully she'll stop growing length wise soon, and start filling out.
Bredli are awesome, I definitely would recommend them to anyone!

IMG_9226.jpg

IMG_9209.jpg

IMG_9218.jpg

A Bredli hatched in mid October! l have never heard of it before does anybody else have their Bredli hatching in October or is it something else l have just learnt.
l was under the impression the vast majority hatched, Jan./Feb./Mar. solar 17 [Baden]

I have two Bredli, I bought them a few years ago as a pair to breed but it turns out they are both female! One is bigger then the other, with the smaller one being just under 8ft. I have sold the smaller female and will probably hang onto the larger one as she is huge, over 8ft and has a real demeanour about her. I don't handle either of them much as I have to many snakes, though they do get a run on the grass in the sun occasionally.

They are the only species I have that freak out if taken outside to the point of freezing and staying dead still. This is the point that I carefully pick them up and put them back in their enclosure. The larger one has another interesting way of letting me know she has had enough. She starts grabbing me with her tail, and if you don't avoid this grabbing and she locks you on, guess what's coming!

Here's photos of the small one.

Great pics and great looking snake

mines awesome 7ft and he is my biggest snake and i have only had him for 2 months hisses like there no tomorrow when i am getting him out but never bitten (want to but i would like to know what it feels like from a large snake other snakes are only little babys)

Mine is 13 months old, up until a couple of weeks ago he would snap at me everytime I went to grab him out.

Lately though he has settled down alot and doesn't stress when being handled. He's even at the point now where he's sitting at the glass waiting for me to grab him out.

I have three Bredli's one male standard, female hypo and male hypo. My male standard is the best nature snake ever he has no dramas coming out and staying out for ages, if ever he is not in the mood he lets me know and i leave him alone. My two hypos are quite young so a little bit tempermental but haven't had any issues with them they a just a bit flighty at times

IMG_0784.jpgIMG_0758.jpg
my bredli pair,at 1 year old, they are now 2, will post some more recent pics when i get a chance.

my big boy turned 5 the other day (31st jan)

regardless of whether hes indoors or out in the aviary he always comes down from his perch and nose rubs at the door when i get home from work.
Once hes had his attention hes happy to ignore me again, but if he doesnt get at least a 5 mins hello he'll nose rub for hours.

such a placid fella, i have no hesitation sticking my head in his cage and waking him up with a big sloppy kiss on the nose/head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back