Bizzare Habit

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenstar

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

Im hoping someone can give me a possible explaination for my pythons habit:

I have a year old male spotted python whom i have had since a hatchy. He is very Docile,handles really well and up until a month ago rarely ever bit.
A month ago he has become obsessed with biting the top of my breasts:shock: (more so the left one??). He rubs his nose on the skin then latches on !!! He does not bite me anywhere else??

Anyone ever had a problem like this? He loves sitting around my neck but i may have to ban him if he keeps reaching down and biting !!

Any suggestions would help ........

Do you have a cat or dog or another bird or mammal that comes in contact, or from your hands after touching another pet? It could be a scent thing.

typical male behaviour, it will only get worse as he gets older im afraid

LOL... I'm sorry, that's really strange. Aside from fugawi's suggestion I can't think of anything that would explain that kind of behaviour, but I'd be really keen to know if you figure out the cause.

well not to scare you but animals have been proven to sence when people have abnormalities like some dogs go berko if your about to have a stroke, maybe a trip to the dr might be wise? couldnt hurt. my cat used to lick a mole on my arm that a dr said was fine changed drs and had it cut out, smart cat. and if its not that way you can rule that out

I wasn't going to comment but I definitely like Kittens idea.... have seen it happen, not with reptiles but with dogs.

The last two posts are weird... some dogs are interested cangerous tissue, but your doctor would think you're a nutbag if you went in and suggested that your snakes knows something that you don't... You'd just be making a fool of yourself.

If you don't want to get bitten on the boobs, don't put it around your neck.

I think your post is more bizarre than the snake's behaviour...

J.

As Khagan said pics or it didn't happen :p

Kitten makes a good point this is a known behavior in other animals, does any one with a bit more snake nous know if its possible for a reptile to be able to smell or sense such abnormalities?

If you don't want to get bitten on the boobs, don't put it around your neck.

J.

Yes I agree, more close proximity rather than boobs as target, maybe you should up his feeds a bit?
Or give hime some pics of Pamela Anderson : )

Do you have a cat or dog or another bird or mammal that comes in contact, or from your hands after touching another pet? It could be a scent thing.

I do have cats, and he has grown up around them , Maybe now that he is older he is taking interest in thier scent? I will try having a shower before handlling him and see if that works. Thanks :)

What are you feeding him? if it's only pinky rats or mice.. then the poor thing is most likely just hungry.

This thread is hilarious!
On many occasions I observed dogs shoving their snouts into people's crotches. They just love doing it to the embarrassment of the receiver - there must be some abnormalities there, for sure! :lol::lol::lol:

That's what I love about this site. Someone asks for an opinion or point of view and the rest of the thread is other APS members judging the responses.
It would be nice to be able to express an idea without fear of ridicule or judgement.

Well, if the ideas, points of view or opinions are ridiculous, you take your chances... Surely you don't take all this stuff seriously?

J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back