Model needs snake for photoshoot in Petersham, Sydney NSW.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 26326

Reaction score
I have been asked by an alternative mode:shock:l to see if there is anyone handy to her location, Petersham, inner west of Sydney, who is willing to take their python to her place for a photoshoot. She is looking for a medium sized snake with good geometric patterns that she can pose with;);).

If the right herp owner replies I will pass on her details.

Cheers.

Damian

I'm not in a position to help but i do have some concerns that need to be raised. Has the model had any experience handling snakes?

I had one of my snakes injured so badly that it had to be euthed after a photoshoot with a model who was not compitent at handling reptiles.

I have told her that the owner/wrangler would be present and advising, so no harm comes to any party! She said she has not problems with that!

I have told her that the owner/wrangler would be present and advising, so no harm comes to any party! She said she has not problems with that!

Unfortunatly that did not save my snake. I'm discouraging you or anyone else but it is somethign that needs to be thought through by the model and the reptile owner.

I have worked with two snake owners before on a shoot who gave great advice and the shoot went extremely well, thanks for your concerns and I am sorry for your experience and loss.

I have 2x Placid Diamond Pythons that have been used twice for modelling shoots before. I'm in Quakers hill but will need a lift.

The Photographer in those shoots was Alexa Starr.

I can probably access other types of pythons if need be.

Last edited:
I have worked with Damian / Seasaltstudios before and it was great experience , none of the snakes / models / photographers were ever in any danger nor was there any concerns.
I was always with in a few meters of all the models and snakes and all the models were given a basic run down on how to hold them etc

Some modelling shots can really portray the snakes in an amazingly appealing way and for that reason alone it is worth supporting the photo shoots. This is Claire with Crystal, she is a model and handler for Reptiles by Request in Perth. Claire and Crystal reduced.jpg

I'm not sure that private keepers are permitted to allow their animals to be used like this. Public display or commercial use or whatever... DECCW is as confused about this stuff as we are, but I think it would be unlawful to use your reptiles for such a purpose.

I'm not condoning the restrictions, just pointing out that it may not be legal.

J

I'm not sure that private keepers are permitted to allow their animals to be used like this. Public display or commercial use or whatever... DECCW is as confused about this stuff as we are, but I think it would be unlawful to use your reptiles for such a purpose.

J

Much the same as taking the odd snake to school for the kids show and tell days , it's not really allowed , but I dint think its a real big issue , well not that I am aware of any way ....

Please post pics (if you can get any) of the model with the Diamond afterwards!
I like your thinking lol

J

I imagine it would fall under the same restrictions in regards to that the snake must be keep at the residence that license is registered to or traveling to a vet. But you would be very unlucky to run into a DECCW inspector on the way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back