lighting thermostat help!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ashisnothereman

Reaction score
im in the process of building a melamine enclosure for a centralian carpet. the enclosure is 4ftx2ftx2ft and is complete except for heating.

so ive done some research and i found

IMIT TA.3 Wall Thermostat (apparently very popular im sure a lot of you are familiar)

or

Habistat Dimming Thermostat

the habistat thermostat is considerably more expensive however The IMIT TA.3 requires an electrician to install as it seems to be hardwired into the 240V.

can someone shed some light on this thermostat for me please? how much would electrician charge?

so, i wish to run two thermos, two lights, one with ordinary 100w heatglobe and one with a blue/red night heatglobe. so temperatures can be controlled day/night, as night temps in sydney do dip fairly low winter.

what do you think or is there a much easier way to rig this up?

thank you
Ash

I would go with the dimming thermo. Even though it may cost a little more you do not need a sparky which will save you more than the extra outlay. It also has the advantage of a probe and the dimming action means your globes will last much much longer than they would with a switching thermo.
What you do as far as night time heat is up to you but I do not heat anything but hatchies at night.

Yeah I agree dimmers are better. I only just got my first ones and I'm really surprised how accurate they get the temp.
Also remember unless you buy them pre-made you will probably have to get a sparky to install the light fittings too

thanks guys, light fittings are no problem and have been sorted. i am more leaning towards the habistat thermo as i already have several habistat thermos and they work a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back