Brevicauda q's??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluewater

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Never kept any monitors but find these guys very appealing.
From what I have read they require a hotspot of 50/60 deg, is this achieved via a standard basking globe?
What size enclosure for a pair?
Any other special requirements, would love to see some enclosure pics, for reference, as I really have no clue when it comes to monitors
Cheers guys!

Steve who breeds these very successfully, keeps 2 hatchy/juvies per a 2foot tank but readily confirms that something much smaller would probably sufffice.I have 1 yearling in a 16 inch tank. heaps of room. he (yes !it is a he ) thinks it is Flemington racecourse. i have 4 more juvies..2 each in 16 inch tanks..again, plenty of room............the very animals which were seen on pics on this site emerging from eggs about 7 weeks ago. have had them only 3 weeks this very Wednesday.....Steve has more for sale...the orange variety (highly recommended )

I kept an adult pair in an enclosure with a floor surface area of 60cm x 40cm, and got two clutches out of them in less than a year. I heated them via a single 60w spotlight globe directed onto a slab of sandstone, achieving basking temperatures upwards of 60 degrees Celcius.

You have to have kept a class one monitor for atleast a year before you can keep a class two monitor.

Not true, I've NEVER owned a class 1 monitor but now own and have owned lacies for a few years.
brev's are definitely next on the list!

Im not saying you're wrong! In fact you're most likely to be more correct than I :) Just that i didnt go through the crap of owning an animal i didnt want just so that later i could. IMO if you want a brev and you're willing to pay and look after one, why the hassle of owning a ridge etc.

Not true, I've NEVER owned a class 1 monitor but now own and have owned lacies for a few years.
brev's are definitely next on the list!

Thanks for this Jason, someone was effectively asking this same Q in another thread a few days ago, and I was curious too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back