Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1stprincess

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have a new BHP, and he keeps coming up to the glass and trying to push it open. this can go on for ages.. he really tries so hard to get his nose in between the glass and the melamine.. does anybody know why he is doing this.. sometimes you can actually hear him bang on the glass from the other room.. i am worried that he is going to hurt himself. i have had him for about a month.. otherwise he is well, feeds and handles like a dream.. thanks in advance for any feedback.. cheers.

He is probably trying to escape. Mine continually climbs up his tank and falls down on to his rocks, into his pool.
Anywhere really, looks like it hurts like hell, but he still does it. He's trying to get out.
It's just what they do. Make sure that glass is secure or he might succeed.

yea, i always make sure its locked as he is very strong.. if i open the enclosure he is very happy to come out and have a look around.. i was concerned that there may have been something wrong with him. my other snakes dont do this, so it has been a bit of a suprize.. thanks for your info..

my woma has been climbing up on his glass almost all way upto the top ( half body length) one day came home from work and found the glass open 1/2cm thought thats not good the next night went to parents for dinner and got home and found he had pushed open the other side and was half way out lucky i wasnt 30 mins late or if he had done it while i was at work. now ive put a lock onto it.

I've heard about snakes doing this, they called it "nose rubbing". Put some duct tape on the window where he keeps pushes his head, that should stop him nose rubbing because he won't be able to see out and should stop trying to find a gap in the glass "force field".

I've heard about snakes doing this, they called it "nose rubbing". Put some duct tape on the window where he keeps pushes his head, that should stop him nose rubbing because he won't be able to see out and should stop trying to find a gap in the glass "force field".

im assuming on the outside of the glass... because if he got stuck to duct tape itll do way more damage than a bit of escape practice

That's interesting, is that a "recognised behaviour"?
Obviously BHP are burrowers so they tend to explore by poking and prodding with their nose anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back