Up for it

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't got any real critisms of the videos Mitch... Just want to say good luck with it all mate. Your doing a good job for Australian reptiles. Hope you get that doco going as it would save a lot of snakes from the shovel brigade with more people understanding them rather than just fearing them. Keep it up mate

I personally think they are great. If I had to criticize I would say more talk, less music and higher quality video (HD). Aside from that....fantastic. I put an episode on FB for you.:)

The whole HD thing is more of the fact that your using Youtube perhaps your own website would boost numbers and get the word out.

Dunno about anyone else, but I loved it. Very natural (you and the wildlife). My sons (9yrs old and 10yrs old) also loved it and were disappointed when we had watched them all. But not to stress I have been instructed we can watch them again later. I hope you get a deal with a TV network because it will be great seeing an Australian doco for a change. Great work.

Im actually starting to blush a bit. Twas expecting to get pretty slammed. Im gonna feel like a right 'dick' if I dont land a series now!!!! lol.

Firedream, I have not made anymore as my laptop got stolen when my office got broken into and I have to re load all my stuff again! The torrential wet season is winding down up north and the company (APM) is putting in for more work in the Kimberley, so even if the doco opportunity does not eventuate then I will most certainly be trying to grab some more footage.

Dannyboi, I have got them loaded onto my website for my Reptile business.....which I will respectfully not mention as I dont want to get in trouble with the moderators again for advertising. Must stick to the rule!!

The Snake Whisperer Episode 1 has only just hit 1000 view after about 8 months. I think that is pretty cool. I think Face your Fear episode 5 might get there too but it is hardly viral.

I plugged the videos through www.pilbarapythons.com.au and the Aust Rep Forum. Those guys were great with DK working some magic to link them up. I got the most hits when someone blasted me for calling a King Brown a......King Brown. He went off, but it got some attention. Any publicity is good, so they say in show biz.

Well guys, we bummed out on our first doco opportunity with ABC!!! Bugger. Not over yet, we have another option or two. But bummed all the same!

Thanks Jannico. Violins are out and the tears are flowing. Lucky my 'real job' does not suck too much. Will keep trying. There is an opportunity to pitch a feature film in April and I have a really cool idea. So I will keep shooting till then!! Got several potential jobs in the Kimberley lined up so opportunities for more footage.

i love any snakeshowman ship,dont worry what the haters say about you touchin dugites on the head,its fine really to demonstrate what ever you like that doesnt hurt the snake and displays its behaviors.
oh one thing though i think snake whisperer sort of sounds silly ,with snakes being profoundly deaf and all
lol
otherwise keep playing with snakes ,i do almost everyday and never tire of these amazing creatures

Ha Snake Pimp,

The title is a bit of a play on words and irony for anyone that knows snakes - as you have just pointed out they dont have ears. You are the first to mention this however, so full points to you.

Most people make reference to some sort of deluded sexual conotations.

Thanks for the support. I just found out that 90, yes....90 submissions were put in for that doco we submitted so it is a real long shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back