Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Read keeping and breeding Australian pythons for the various species you have.

Another scenario is:
Boy snake goes to a party, meets girls snake, drinks to much, they hook up, wake up in the morning naked not remembering the night before or each other names.
Male leaves without exchanging numbers or FB profiles info. BOOM! girl ends up gravid & pregnant and the boy snake doesn't know or has anything to do with the offspring.

That works too :)

have to admit this had me laughing my *** off..

AusConstrictors, as other people have suggested i would recommend doing a lot more reading and research not just from books but from here as well, all the information you need is already out there you just have to be bothered to look for it, its unfair to expect to be spoon fed this stuff, if you are serious you will take some of these peoples suggestions, you'll feel a lot better knowing you worked it out yourself anyway..

Hi Ausconstrictors

It's a big ask to post "How do I breed pythons?" and expect one simple straight forward answer. Actually it's impossible to give one answer here on this forum. I myself have been keeping Pythons for 6 years and have only just this season had success. I've spent 100's of hours researching online, reading books and magazines. Talking to other keepers and breeders. Paying $1000's attending courses and picking vets brains to get to where I am now and I'm still learning everyday.

To be honest, I myself find it a bit rude for someone who doesn't know what to do, to just simply ask and expect the answer in 5 minutes. What you need to do is heed the advice given here and buy some books...then read them...and maybe spend time discussing ideas with other breeders. I have recieved some great advice during my research but I did the hard work first.

Lastly...once you have success and you have 20 or 30 little hatchlings sitting in tubs in your house and you need to find new homes for them, you'll then realise you may have bitten off more than you wanted. You first need to decide on a particular species that the market is wanting before starting to pair up snakes. i.e: Carpets and Spotteds or Childreni hatchlings are now a dime a dozen and breeders have trouble moving them on so this creates a price war which doesn't help anyone. I know you said you're not about the money but when you have a house full of critters and they all need feeding and heating, that's when your passion becomes work and all the fun is gone. You need to think long term and put the animals first.

It's great to see people with enthusiasm for Herptoculture but keep it as your passion, not your obsession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back