Rain & greens

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterrat

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
I did the rounds this morning with an umbrella. It's raining cats and dogs, 80mm over night and still no end to it. Only the hatchoes are dry.

Last edited:
Very impressive sight mate all the young yellows.

Lucky they are cyclone proof greens so a little rain shouldn't bother them :)
Beautiful collection by the way

Gee Michael,i can see more room on the hatchie rack...Such a nice sight..Not much beats a stunning looking cyclone proof green...

I think they had enough of rain, I put some perspex sheets on the top of the cages where they perch. One yearling developed water blisters, so I got him inside. It's nothing serious, I have seen it before .... but I haven't photograph it before .... better do it now.

With saying that Michael,how long is a prolonged period of time were they can get water blisters.Considering they live in a rainforest areas where its wet-moist the majority of the time,how frequent would they get these blisters..Post a few photos to show them...

Oh I'd never even heard of water blisters. The pictures I found on google look pretty uncomfortable. Hope he/she gets over it quickly

Oh cruel and unusual torture posting pics of your stunning, drool worthy Greens, WR.
I'm also loving your new banner. Very stylish.

Thanks Wendy, stop drooling and get some. lol

The blisters are likely to occur just before sloughing if the humidity is very high. This is only my second case, so it's not something common and I expect the snake to be clean as a whistle once it sloughed. I couldn't resist to take a shot of his head while at it. It;'s a nice male.

wow, I'm so jealous of that set up. I cant do justice to any future GTP I get. I may have to move to NQ.

Chase.

That is interesting to know Michael,

I kept a few of mine outdoors at my old property in between Gordonvale and Innisfail and never had a problem. One pair were housed outside for 12 months and we had over 5200mm of rain in a 12 month period. Yes folks 5.2 meters! No wonder I moved further north into some drier country!

She was housed totally outdoors all breeding season and laid 24 perfect eggs.

It must be an uncommon problem if you have only seen it in two of yours with the amount of animals you have kept outside over your career.

Thanks for posting, it makes me relise how much I miss seeing your collection.

Nick Stock

Hi Nick, moved somewhere drier? It's ******* all over the place I believe. Call in when you down our way.

The other one was a yellow juvenile 5 years ago, so it's not a common occurrence.

Thats a cracking male nice. do you know what exactly cases it? is it just water getting in between the old skin and the new sked or is it an actual blister?

An excess humidity causes blisters but I don't know the actual clinical side of it. There must be some predisposition to it, humidity alone is not the sole course otherwise they would all have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back