Bearded Dragon & Enclosure :D

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reffy

Reaction score
Hi,

As some of you know i got my first bearded dragon spike he is 19 Months, well a week ago i finally got his gf Flair she is 2 years.
Just a quick question the pet shop i got her off from down south said she may be pregnant as he saw her mating with on of the male she use to live with so my question is this can i still keep them in the same enclosure or could it cause problems also what are the signs and how long does it take to tell if she is pregnant?

Here are some pics of the cage and Spike and Flair
Spike.jpgFlair.jpgCage.jpgFlair and half of cage.jpg

Hope you enjoy :D
First pic is Spike
Second pic is Flair
Third pic is cage
Fourth pic is Flair and cage
Fifth pic is Spike and cage

Attachments

• Spike and half of cage.jpg
    Spike and half of cage.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
a few days before she lays she will normaly stop eating & start acting restless. my female started to eat every thing
i keep my apart male is a big bully even though she is bigger
i think you can feel them & she'll get fat as

haha thanks they seem to love it always running up and down the ramps :D

well spike was trying to mate with Flair today but she wasn't interested could that be caue she is pregnant or just not interested???

Last edited:
Hey nice lizards and enclosure seems like you take alot of care of your lizards
nice job keep it up

its a good idea to keep males and females seperate, males will constantly harrass the female, uninterested females may end up injured, or injuring the male, responsive females can be bred to death, its hard work for the girls.

i keep my males seperate too, i wouldnt put my girls thru that, they dont like the attention at all.

awesome setup tho!!

Hey nice lizards and enclosure seems like you take alot of care of your lizards
nice job keep it up

Thanks i do my best :D

its a good idea to keep males and females seperate, males will constantly harrass the female, uninterested females may end up injured, or injuring the male, responsive females can be bred to death, its hard work for the girls.

i keep my males seperate too, i wouldnt put my girls thru that, they dont like the attention at all.

awesome setup tho!!

Hi,

I thought that might happen but he doesn't really try to mate with her atm, imo they are happy together always sleeping in same hide even though i did two for a reason :p

and thanks that is the best conversion me and my b/f Michael did xD

Last edited:
Simplely amazing enclosure! looks fantastic! great idea!
and I think it would be safer to block the two halfs off so she doesnt get bullyed out of food.

Simplely amazing enclosure! looks fantastic! great idea!
and I think it would be safer to block the two halfs off so she doesnt get bullyed out of food.

Hi thanks :D,
We feed them crickets separetly and they have separet veg7fruit dishes which they never flight over if anything she eats more :p but yeah they only eat from there own dish so its not really a problem...

well as long as they are both eating well that seems fine make sure you have alot for the mother-to-be tho XD

i don't think she is pregnant :( its been a couple week and she hasn't gotten fatter and i cant feel any "bumps" in her belly

with my big girl i dont feel lumps until the week before she is foing to lay them. im actually thinking she may be gravid atm.. is she gaining weight?

A little i think but that could be cause i feed her more crickets then the pet shop i got her off (only 10 every 2 to 3 days....) But i got her a Month ago how long are the gravid for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back